• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW awards for 8-15 July

Xuhaib

International Coach
2 awards for me this week:), though I still feel my Hooper comment was relevant.

Meh, who cares as long as your award count is increasing.:sleep:

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Agarkar/Mohammed award for ('At least they’re trying' award)
just like the players this award is named after, they may not be quite good enough for any other award, but at least we remember them. And the Winner is: Richard Richard for his repeated insistence that test records were debatable, in the Murali thread.
I give him a Sobers and what does he do in return? :dry:

Yours was at least amusing, I suppose.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I give him a Sobers and what does he do in return? :dry:

Yours was at least amusing, I suppose.
I only give out two awards a week and you got both of them - be greatful. :p

Reading back on how the A/M was originally designed by Marc, it attempts to recognise the efforts of someone throughout the week - especially if they have continued to push a point without backing down despite the disapproval of others. This makes you a likely candidate most weeks if one of a few topics are brought up - one being the idea that one can decide one's own criteria for test matches.

Marc outlined that here. I endeavour to make it less negative than that though, and broaden it to anyone who sticks to their guns on a subject despite little support - wacky idea or otherwise.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I only give out two awards a week and you got both of them - be greatful. :p

Reading back on how the A/M was originally designed by Marc, it attempts to recognise the efforts of someone throughout the week - especially if they have continued to push a point without backing down despite the disapproval of others. This makes you a likely candidate most weeks if one of a few topics are brought up - one being the idea that one can decide one's own criteria for test matches.

Marc outlined that here. I endeavour to make it less negative than that though, and broaden it to anyone who sticks to their guns on a subject despite little support - wacky idea or otherwise.
Marc used it (repeatedly, on me) as a patronising Award, so much so that Sean decided to introduce the two-weeks-in-a-row maximum on said Award. Not exclusively did he use it such, but often enough. Gelman changed that completely, and generally used it as an "encouragement" thing.

Your use of it here was positively Marc-esque, but I can forgive you I guess. It's a pretty crazy debate TBH, and I'd not expect many if any to see my side of 't.

That other post getting a Jimmy was hilarious, BTW. :laugh:

Last edited: