• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricketers that don't like each other

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
But according to SA journo Neil Manthorp, there was a massive blowup between during their ill-fated ODI series which followed the tests in England. The Arendse stuff preceded that.
Sure. But the fallout was merely caused by South Africa's wretched performances and Nel took some offensive to Smith's criticism but I believe even in that article, Neil states both men kissed and made up soon afterwards.

subshakerz

International Coach
Ponting and Gavaskar had a very public war of words.

Javed and Imran never really liked each other, but to their credit they could put their egos aside and get the results. Shoaib and Inzi were never too chummy either.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Lara and Hooper fell out dreadfully towards the end of Hooper's career. Lara ended up as captain and Hooper retired.

Shiv Chanderpaul apparently came to blows with Curtly Ambrose in a dressing room bust up. Shiv was a combative young man at the time and Curtly was always a moody individual.

Then of course there is the famous incident on a plane where Franklyn Rose injured Jimmy Adams when he got in the way of an object that Rose tried to throw at Lara.

The current head of the WIPA, Dinanath Ramnarine did not get on at all with Carl Hooper. Ramnarine was a brilliant leg spinner but was notoriously lazy. Hooper was captain and got fed up with him and told the WICB Ramnarine would not play for the West Indies again whilst he was captain. It is this treatment that has fuelled Ramnarine's hatred of all things WICB and made him such a strong union leader.

kingkallis

International Coach
I was a kid back in 80s so I dont have exact idea about this but my dad used to tell me that Kapil and Gavaskar didnt get along well......

Same can be said about Azhar and Shastri!

Other famous pairs has been already mentioned by fellow posters.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I've heard things about Ian Chappell and Boycott, and Chappell has openly called Boycott a selfish batsman before.

stumpski

International Captain
Hard to know where to start with the Derbyshire dressing room of the 1990s.

Likewise Yorkshire 10-15 years earlier.