• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricketers that don't like each other

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Sorry to drift off topic, but must say that is quite a bizarre scorecard from that match, obviously one where it must have been difficult for batsmen to get in but once in they made hay
It was a very odd game - and one of the first that I followed. tbh I don't remember a thing about batting conditions as such, but I'd guess that condtions got easier from the middle of Day 3 onwards. Or maybe the attacks weren't all that great, so once you saw off the new ball making runs was relatively easy.

bullseye

School Boy/Girl Captain
The Cold war between Wasim and Waqar is well known. Wasim one of my favorites in the later stages of his career underbowled Waqar a lot of times. Waqar has openly complained about it. Their were times when they were playing together but not on talking terms.

Shane Warne never liked the coaching style of Coach John Buchanan. Both of them admitted that.

Imran never liked Qasim Omar despite the fact the latter was a talented cricketer.

The recent one of Dhoni and Sehwag though both of them deny.

Sourav Ganguly's Verbal war with Greg Chappel has now become a folklore.

Rafiq's difference with Coach Dav Whatmore .

Last edited:

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Ganguly seriously pissed off S. Waugh in 2001 iirc. Perhaps they've made up since then.

KP and most of the Notts side of course.

AaronK

State Regular
wow this is amazing to read..

let me throw more names

Shoaib akhter and Bob wolmar

Ambros and Steve waugh

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Law and [insert name of teammate]
Gilly and Berry
Lawson and Matthews
Stuart Law and Shane Watson... I've heard Stuart Law say lots of uncomplimentary stuff about Watto leaving Qld the first time, and Jamie Cox (I think?) said it was some of the worst sledging he'd ever seen when Tasmania played Queensland. Wonder what Law will say now!

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Didn't know about either of those. Any history behind them?

Sid seems permanently on the verge of a strop with everyone anyway tho, so it's not a huge surprise.
Was alluding to the run out incident during the Oval ODI last year. Where Sidebottom rugby tackled Grant Elliot, Collingwood upheld his appeal and Vettori didn't like it much.

4th ODI: England v New Zealand at The Oval, Jun 25, 2008 | Cricket Scorecard | Cricinfo.com

Dailymotion - Controversial Runout of Grant Elliott at The Oval - a Sports & Extreme video

So yeah the issue wasn't between PlayerA/PlayerB... Rather Players A+B v Players C+D

Last edited:

Briony

International Debutant
Chappelli and Glenn Turner (very heated and latter said he'd never change in the same dressingroom as the Aussie skipper)
Greg Chappell and Mike Whitney - The latter wasn't happy that Chappell suggested he not be taken to England because he didn't rate him as a bowler. Whitney countered with the notion that Chappell was aggro because he used to go out to him a lot. Chappell doubted this. When the journos found that Whitney once dismissed him, Greg suggested that "he must have been giddy that day" which was obviously quite insulting.
KP (he's a muppet) and Smith
Vaughan (we call him the witness) and Smith
Chappelli (I would close the blinds if he was batting in my backyard) and Steve Waugh
Smith and Nel (had a falling out during the tour of England last year)
KP and skipper of Notts who through his gear over the balcony

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Smith and Nel are friends. They just an argument but quickly patched things up.

Smith batted for Nel in the Arendse/Arthur affair and in no certain terms told Langeveldt heads up that he didn't agree with his selection and that Nel had been shafted. Smith was the guy who prolonged Nel's international career and regularly caused him to butt heads with current ICC chief, Haroon Lorgat. A then RSA national selector. Lorgat had no time for Nel, Smith did and told him that Nel has to play.

You don't do that kind of thing unless you like someone.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Chappelli and Glenn Turner (very heated and latter said he'd never change in the same dressingroom as the Aussie skipper)
Greg Chappell and Mike Whitney - The latter wasn't happy that Chappell suggested he not be taken to England because he didn't rate him as a bowler. Whitney countered with the notion that Chappell was aggro because he used to go out to him a lot. Chappell doubted this. When the journos found that Whitney once dismissed him, Greg suggested that "he must have been giddy that day" which was obviously quite insulting.
KP (he's a muppet) and Smith
Vaughan (we call him the witness) and Smith
Chappelli (I would close the blinds if he was batting in my backyard) and Steve Waugh
Smith and Nel (had a falling out during the tour of England last year)
KP and skipper of Notts who through his gear over the balcony
Jason Gallian

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Professionally they work together fine. Beefy ribs Hussain but it isn't nasty and it's all taken in good humour.

Botham can't be in the same room as Chappelli or Roebuck. That's real dislike...

Last edited:

Briony

International Debutant
Smith and Nel are friends. They just an argument but quickly patched things up.

Smith batted for Nel in the Arendse/Arthur affair and in no certain terms told Langeveldt heads up that he didn't agree with his selection and that Nel had been shafted. Smith was the guy who prolonged Nel's international career and regularly caused him to butt heads with current ICC chief, Haroon Lorgat. A then RSA national selector. Lorgat had no time for Nel, Smith did and told him that Nel has to play.

You don't do that kind of thing unless you like someone.
But according to SA journo Neil Manthorp, there was a massive blowup between during their ill-fated ODI series which followed the tests in England. The Arendse stuff preceded that.