• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Boxing thread

Niall

International Coach
don't watch much from the podcaster but liked his interview with Fury.

Asked a few obvious questions about what a scandal it is he fighting Chisora and Tyson did not handle it well.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
See Sonny Bill got knocked sparko by a 24 stone 48 year old in his most recent bout:

The old cliche is strength is the last thing to leave a fighter, so no surprise Hunt could bang, but from that short clip he looks to have pretty quick hands for a bloke of his advancing years.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Yep Canelo again will be interesting, Bivol is obviously a superior boxer but always a chance of robbery with Canelo, I wonder will Bivol have to stop him this time ?
Canelo again will not be interesting.

Why even talk about Canelo when we need to see Bivol vs Beterbiev?

Niall

International Coach
Canelo again will not be interesting.

Why even talk about Canelo when we need to see Bivol vs Beterbiev?

Beterbiev busy with Yarde , and tbf from a Bivol POV Alvarez makes much more sense, much easier fight and much more lucrative.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Beterbiev busy with Yarde , and tbf from a Bivol POV Alvarez makes much more sense, much easier fight and much more lucrative.
OK but I'm not a promoter nor am I Bivol's bank manager.

Bivol-Beterbiev is one of the best fights in boxing. That's what I want to see.

Niall

International Coach
OK but I'm not a promoter nor am I Bivol's bank manager.

Bivol-Beterbiev is one of the best fights in boxing. That's what I want to see.

Agreed. To be fair on Bivol he does chat a lot about legacy so maybe he might go for Beterbiev?

If he wins that encounter and Alvarez wins his next fight then a rematch becomes even more lucrative.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Agreed. To be fair on Bivol he does chat a lot about legacy so maybe he might go for Beterbiev?

If he wins that encounter and Alvarez wins his next fight then a rematch becomes even more lucrative.
If he beats Beterbiev he's a contender for number 1 p4p.

I don't really care about the canelo rematch. It's a mismatch in terms of styles and physical attributes.

Beterbiev is a very difficult fight for him in terms of styles.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Canelo shouldn’t be in the discussion for a Bivol rematch

Usyk has brought up Canelo’s name & it’s all about the money he brings

There’s no justification for a Bivol rematch

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Anthony Yarde can **** off too.

I know, brave guy etc. Cool.

But we're talking about a guy who got KTFO by the ghost of Kovalev.

And you wanna put him in with frikken Beterbiev?

Just no.

Anything can happen in boxing and Beterbiev could get cut or injured.

**** that.

Just make the undisputed fight already.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
In pleasant news Benevidez Plant has been signed. Very interestinf clash of styles.

Canelo vs Benevidez is far more interesting than a Bivol rematch.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
For those of us already proclaiming Bivol as the number one LHW, here is a reminder that Beterbiev is not just a brawler. Dude has a spectacular jab, very good feet, and probably the scariest power in all of boxing.
This is a guy who dropped and beat Usyk in the amateurs.
Here he is against Gvozdyk, one of the most underrated fighters IMO.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Beterbiev dropped him but Usyk still won the match.
I heard they had another match which Beterbiev won, but I could be wrong about that.

In any case, the dude is clearly not just a brawler. It's weird to see Bivol as suddenly pronounced number one LHW, when before beating Canelo (a short middleweight with slow feet [good fighter just talking in terms of matchups]) and Ramirez (an inside fighter with no ability to use his length, and also who has fought exactly 0 credible opponents in his career), he was considered 2nd to Beterbiev.

Don't get me wrong I've always been a huge Bivol fan and was picking him over Beterbiev before it was cool. I just think the pendulum has swung too far on the back of two kinda not that great wins TBH.

Niall

International Coach
Whyte won't have many worse performances than that , he is absolutely washed.

Fury is getting plenty of flack for fighting Chisora who is a bum, but for AJ a fight v Whyte isn't that more competitive either sadly.

Did not see the Parker v Ryder fight but freak injury means Ryder gets a lovely payday and sadly a beating from Canelo.