• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Boxing thread

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So who can Joyce beat as its obvious he will want a big name next.

He'd be a nightmare for Joshua next and would probably win against him, I don't see him beating Usyk......he v Fury would be interesting but a 100% Fury would probably beat him......Wilder dunno,,,if Wilder connects then oh boy but Joyce has an insane chin so its feasible he could survive some bombs and then it would be good night for DW.

Hopefully no "stay busy" fight nexy ,,,he is 27 after all!
37 so now or potentially never

social

Tough school to claim that Parker’s career has been a bit underwhelming but I think that it has been

Has all the tools but has barely improved since I first saw him years ago

I suspect that he’s too nice a guy

Stuck with Kevin Barry for years when it was obvious that his career was stagnating, bromance with Fury etc

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, can’t think of too many heavyweights who don’t at least go for the clinch after that, Joyce just eats it and fires back. :shock:

Niall

International Coach
37 so now or potentially never
Yeah their isn't huge upside to fighting Joyce for the other guys, ugly match up and sadly he isn't proven as a big draw.

Out of the big names, maybe Wilder might be most keen if he wins easily next week, but even from his POV fighting Ruiz is probably an easier fight and a bigger pay day.

Could be a frustrating 2023 for Joe sadly.

social

Yeah their isn't huge upside to fighting Joyce for the other guys, ugly match up and sadly he isn't proven as a big draw.

Out of the big names, maybe Wilder might be most keen if he wins easily next week, but even from his POV fighting Ruiz is probably an easier fight and a bigger pay day.

Could be a frustrating 2023 for Joe sadly.
Bit strange how the Brits haven’t taken to him like others as his fights are pretty exciting & he’s flattening contenders

Unless he nabs an Usyk fight, there’s no obvious opponent unless it’s a stay busy type

Unfortunately, he’s only 3rd in line for that matchup

Ruiz would be good but he’s rumoured to be next for Wilder if the latter wins his next & both are PBC

Last edited:

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Tough school to claim that Parker’s career has been a bit underwhelming but I think that it has been

Has all the tools but has barely improved since I first saw him years ago

I suspect that he’s too nice a guy

Stuck with Kevin Barry for years when it was obvious that his career was stagnating, bromance with Fury etc
Yup.
- should have left Barry after a couple of years and gone with a proper trainer. Probably should have actually moved his family over to the states as well. Can't get good sparring in NZ.
- the friendship with Fury is just weird. Why would you want to be friends with someone who you should ideally want to KO? Leave that for retirement.

I personally think that he should retire. that fight with Joyce was absolutely brutal. The fight with Whyte was also not a walk in the park.

He's already made 12 million dollars in the AJ fight, and other decent paydays along the road.

Why turn into a high level gatekeeper when you're already financially set.

Looks what's happening to the likes of Takam.

Niall

International Coach
Bit strange how the Brits haven’t taken to him like others as his fights are pretty exciting & he’s flattening contenders

Unless he nabs an Usyk fight, there’s no obvious opponent unless it’s a stay busy type

Unfortunately, he’s only 3rd in line for that matchup

Ruiz would be good but he’s rumoured to be next for Wilder if the latter wins his next & both are PBC
Not the most charismatic sadly. I think even when the fight with Dubois was made Warren was hoping that Joyce would get knocked out in a devastating manner thus continuing the Dubois push but alas not to be.

It's not what he will want but fights with the likes of Hrgovic, Wallin and Whyte he may have to consider because I just don't see the big boys been in a rush to fight him.

social

Yup.
- should have left Barry after a couple of years and gone with a proper trainer. Probably should have actually moved his family over to the states as well. Can't get good sparring in NZ.
- the friendship with Fury is just weird. Why would you want to be friends with someone who you should ideally want to KO? Leave that for retirement.

I personally think that he should retire. that fight with Joyce was absolutely brutal. The fight with Whyte was also not a walk in the park.

He's already made 12 million dollars in the AJ fight, and other decent paydays along the road.

Why turn into a high level gatekeeper when you're already financially set.

Looks what's happening to the likes of Takam.
Fine & dandy to say that he's only 30 but writing was on the wall after doing it tough against Chisora

Heard that he wanted to get his commercial pilot's licence for life after boxing & that's exactly what he should do

Unfortunately, boxers generally arent known for hanging them up at the right time

Niall

International Coach
Whyte talking sense, end of times!

He is right though, Fury was never really serious about fighting Joshua but its clever PR from him as his fanbase will lap it all up.

Everyone is entitled to a gimme fight now and then, but Charr is not even that, an absolute farce if it happens . He may as well fight Chisora instead tbh. :euro:

social

So the “strategy” was to make it look like Joshua was ducking him to justify a fight against Charr?

Niall

International Coach
So the “strategy” was to make it look like Joshua was ducking him to justify a fight against Charr?

Maybe AJ was not keen either, but I just don't think Fury was serious whatsoever about fighting him and always wanted to fight Charr.

Tyson gets to spend the next 2 months calling AJ a coward before he has this farce of a fight with Charr which is probably what he wanted all along.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Btw the correct way of saying his surname should be Sharr not Charr.

It's only spelled Charr because of the French way of pronouncing Ch is like Sh and the Syrians and Lebanese usually transliterate to a French ear.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Tyson Fury is now fighting a guy who was KOed in one punch by Mairis Briedis, a cruiserweight.

Usyk beat Briedis.

But of course, Usyk is too small.

social

I already called this back a couple of pages ago.

Tyson Fury is quite predictable once you know his schtick

Yes plus take the pressure off making a fight with Usyk.
Nobody would have cared if simply said that he wanted to keep busy before a matchup with someone meaningful next year but he can’t help himself

Be interesting to see how the Usyk thing plays out as the latter is far from intimidated and I don’t think Fury knows how to handle it

He’s retired, unretired, called out Chisora, called out Usyk for a heartbeat, called out Joshua & walked away, now Charr

All over the place

Niall

International Coach
Don't forget he wanted a gimmick fight with Ngannou of the UFC but that went nowhere not only because Ngannou got injured but because their was no interest in it whatsoever. He looked at the numbers generated by McGregor/Mayweather and was deluded enough to think those two would do similar business. Whoops.

He can fight Charr and beat him easily and then what....Takam, Christian Hammer? :laugh:

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I don’t know the full story yet, but Connor Benn failing a drugs test for taking a fertility drug just seems funny as breaking news. :santa: