• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Boxing thread

thierry henry

International Coach
Was pleased Lopez got the decision over Warrington. Had him winning 7-5 or 8-4, was hard to give Warrington a round up until about the 9th but he did finish strong enough for Lopez to potentially get jobbed.

Sounds like the UK judges were a bit more honest than the US judges in Lopez-Martin (although I have heard a variety of opinions on that fight too).

Warrington really looked like **** though and man he's a dirty fighter. Lopez definitely tired but hard to say how much of that came from bleeding from headbutts, headaches from rabbit punches and hobbling around from being punched in the arse.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
That ref was an absolute disgrace. The number of rabbit punches Warrington got away with was insane. Should have been DQed.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Daniel ****ing Dubois has been called mandatory for Usyk.

This is quite clearly Frank Warren shielding Fury.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Yeah, stinks to high heaven.

Guess it's because he's the WBA "Regular" champion, whatever the blue flip that actually means.

Niall

International Coach
Fingers crossed, chatter does seem somewhat definite but its Fury so who knows.

Regarding Dubois, I'd assume he would get money to step aside so that shouldn't be a major issue.

Anyway been asked a bit online so why not here?

Fighter of 2022 Bivol

Fight Of The Year Conan v Wood. :wub:

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Fingers crossed, chatter does seem somewhat definite but its Fury so who knows.

Regarding Dubois, I'd assume he would get money to step aside so that shouldn't be a major issue.
No, Warren is trying to freeze Usyk out so he'll try to use Dubois as a stepping stone i.e. not let him take the step aside.

Niall

International Coach
Massey isn't a total bum. but nonetheless Parker if is serious about his future he really needed to smash him and he most certainly didn't.

Not really sure where Parker goes from here at all unfortunately.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Parker, like Whyte, has made a very good amount of money.

They both should be retired now. They have both been in some brutal fights and there is no need to continue gettin punched in the head when there is no longer any chance of them becoming world champions.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Massey isn't a total bum. but nonetheless Parker if is serious about his future he really needed to smash him and he most certainly didn't.

Not really sure where Parker goes from here at all unfortunately.
Have mentioned previously that I don’t believe that Parker has improved much from a relatively early point in his career

A fight like this does basically nothing for him other than putting a few quid in his bank as I seriously doubt that promoters are rushing to his door

Niall

International Coach
Yeah obviously he wants some money fights before he retires but their isn't many obvious ones.

Chisora is a mug but he was a decent draw , not sure about Parker.

Commentators were chatting about Hrgovic,,,what's the point of that? Parker will get battered and its not a fight that will do great business.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah obviously he wants some money fights before he retires but their isn't many obvious ones.

Chisora is a mug but he was a decent draw , not sure about Parker.

Commentators were chatting about Hrgovic,,,what's the point of that? Parker will get battered and its not a fight that will do great business.
Don't rate Hrgovic, don't think he necessarily even beats Parker.

Niall

International Coach
Mother Of God BT were biased when it came to Yarde!
Beterbiev always seemed in control but nonetheless I don't think Bivol has seen anything to worry about tonight.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Bivol would definitely have issues with Beterbiev.

He's not just some guy you can hang on the outside and outbox all day.

Still a 50/50 fight IMO.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The other day I came across a clip of an old Dick Cavett show where Jim Brown was on with Lester Maddox. Well worth a look btw, but it led me down a rabbit hole to the 90 minute Ali-Cavett doco. Would thoroughly recommend it to anyone interested. Quality HBO production.