• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Biggest Six You've Ever Seen

C_C

International Captain
I saw a six or two hit by Viv when i was young........smack outta the park.... but currently, when it comes to hitting big sixes, i think Afridi is a lightyear ahead of the rest.
He routinely puts the ball on the rooftops of big stadiums....shots that once in a season for most other players.

Bookie

U19 12th Man
Or not even once in their careers. Steve Waugh, I think in his whole 20 year career only hit 20 sixes.

allhailthetiger

Cricket Spectator
Balaji's six off Shoaib Akhtar when India toured Pakistan last year; and Ganguly's six off Ashley Giles (?) at Colombo in the ICC Champion's Trophy league match (where he carried his bat for 117) in 2002.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
aussie

this a tough one, i remember during either a VB series or a World Cup encounter when pakistan played sri lanka when afridi hit one of the sri lankan bowlers on the roof over square leg at the adelaide oval. Maybe its afridi six at the WACA earlier this year or during the last world cup when Gilly hit collins obuya of kenya over square leg geeezzzzz that was a huge six

cameeel

International Captain
i think it was afridi, at the mcg he pulled it way back into the redevelopment behind him

psxpro

Banned
NZers generally seem to be the biggest 6 gitters recently.
Cairns, Mcmillan, Astle, Andre Adams, Even Bond.

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
I am pretty sure i seen McMillan hit one in the 10 over Tsunami Appeal match that went out of the ground...that was Huge!!

Link

State Vice-Captain
biggest six ive seen was by azhar mahmood against the bowling of james anderson in an ODI last summer at Lords. Anderson putched the ball short and mahmood hit the ball on top of the building with all the metal work at the top. Also the tallest stand out of the lot

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hayden hit a couple of ridiculously huge ones off Waqar in an odi once

Apart from that, Afridi against SA recently, Waugh against Vettori, Ntini hit a massive one once against England I think... Can't remember when

The award for most brain-explodingly awesome six in the history of mankind obviously goes to Ponting off Sidebottom. You're lying if you say there are contenders.

OverratedSanity

That's the one. How can one look at that and not fap. :wub:
And don't you dare post some inferior slog and say it's better than the ponting one.

GuyFromLancs

State Vice-Captain
Flintoff off Lee at Edgbaston.

Lee hit a couple of big ones himself off Harmison in 05. One hit Simon Hughes' cabin

Burgey

Mark Waugh's off Vettori at the WACA was maybe the biggest I've ever seen. Roof of the Lillee-Marsh Stand.

I saw Garner hit the clock on the Members Stand roof at the SCG one time. That was massive.