• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Biggest Six You've Ever Seen

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
For me the most remarkable record in the game, because it has never been equalled in 114 years rather than being inherently improbable, is Albert Trott still being the only man to have hit a six over the pavilion at Lord's, so I suppose seeing Mike Llewellyn (who?) come within an ace of doing so in a one day final back in the 1977 Gillette Final must be the one

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
For me the most remarkable record in the game, because it has never been equalled in 114 years rather than being inherently improbable, is Albert Trott still being the only man to have hit a six over the pavilion at Lord's, so I suppose seeing Mike Llewellyn (who?) come within an ace of doing so in a one day final back in the 1977 Gillette Final must be the one
Miller landed one on the roof of the pavilion in the Victory Tests apparently.

Aiden Blizzard hit a monstrous six in a domestic one day game are the WACA a few years back as well. Went miles.

jonbrooks

International Debutant
Two sixes hit by John Davison of Canada against Jacob Oram. I think it was the WC in South Africa when he did it. The first one was massive but the second was even bigger.

jonbrooks

International Debutant
Yeah, Cairns was a big hitter. The thing about him though was he'd hit the ball higher rather than further.

Camel 56

Banned
Definitely Colin Cowdrey's massive whack against Ditmar Munchapapadam in the fifth Test -Pakistan v England Lords 1968. The brutally assaulted six stitcher was later found in a disorientated state, sitting in a tray of spicy lentil toilet splosh at "Rajiv Chunderlay's All You Can Eat Plus Ambulance" Curry House, east Surrey.

This one was a might wallop that's for sure! One can only imagine the surprise of diners in this salmonella infested cesspit when the cherry came bouncing through the door!