• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battle of the Ashes Moments

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Anyway - Ponting's run-out because it was far more significant wrt the result of the series.
This

Can't understand why all this stick is flying in Burgey's direction - hope it wont have an adverse effect on the forum atmosphere

Jarquis

(3)Gary Pratt running out Ricky Ponting at Trent Bridge 10 vs 8 (63)Glenn McGrath's 5fer at Lord's

Jarquis

Battle #15

(52)Ian Botham's 5 for 1
4th Test: England v Australia at Birmingham, Jul 30-Aug 2, 1981 | Cricket Scorecard | Cricinfo.com
Australia needed 151 to win. At 105-5, things looked a little worrying for them, but an Australian win was still the most likely result. Botham then took 5 wickets for 1 run in 28 balls to give England the win by 29 runs
YouTube - Botham spell of 5 for 1 ( Edgbaston 1981 Ashes )

vs

(5)Climax of Edgbaston 2005
2nd Test: England v Australia at Birmingham, Aug 4-7, 2005 | Cricket Scorecard | Cricinfo.com
64.3 short ball banged in, Kasprowicz tries to get out of the way but just cannot manage, the ball balloons up towards the keeper and Geraint Jones takes the catch 279/10
YouTube - Harmison Gets Kasprowicz With Austrailia Needing 3 Runs For Victory!

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
This

Can't understand why all this stick is flying in Burgey's direction - hope it wont have an adverse effect on the forum atmosphere
Because he's a ****, obv

This one's a stinker but as I was alive for the latter I shall go with that

I woke early that day with a hangover, expecting a procession. Eeek. Still get scared when I watch highlights now that the filth will take it. Swines.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Oh my goodness, what a stinker. I will have to go for 2005 just because I watched it, and I've only seen 1981 on highlights.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Aaaarrrgggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I'm going to say Harmison / Kasprowicz because it played such an important part in my life. If that hadn't happened, the scum would have gone 2 up and it'd've been series over, and we'd never have got to see Chimpy spit the dummy at Trent Bridge, etc etc etc

People have always given Geraint Jones a lot of stick but that was just about the most important catch in history

fredfertang

I'm going to have to go for Botham's 5 for 1 just so that I can say that I missed him actually doing it as I was batting at the time - my only ever appearance for Guardian Royal Exchange 1st XI - and I got into double figures - just.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Jones...Bowden...Kasprowicz the man to go.

Only Mickey Thomas's goal at Anfield in 89 tops it for sporting moments that have turned despair to elation. I'd hated the entire day's play until that delivery.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Poms all plumbing for another moment where a poor decision gets them over the line. Typical. :ph34r:

Tough round this tbf. Our side in 81 was ok without being tremendous by any stretch - really only Lillee, Marsh, Border and Hughes of great quality. And of course, Kaspa wasn't out so that really doesn't count either.

Guess I'll have to abstain.