• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battle of Cricketers - CW's Favorite Cricketer

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
any way we can find out which players are still in the running?
Qualified for 3rd round

Flower, Andy
Gower
Hadlee
Pietersen
Ranji
Trumper

2nd round

Ambrose
Benaud
Bond
Border
Botham
Bradman
Cairns, Chris
Dravid
Engineer
Fleming, Stephen
Flintoff
Gilchrist
Grace
Hanif
Hughes, Merv
Hussain, Nasser
Hussey, Mike
Imran
Jardine
Jayawardene
Jones, Andrew
Lara
Larwood
Laxman
Lee, Brett
Marshall
Martyn
McGrath
Miller, Keith
Mushtaq Ahmed
Ntini
O'Brien, Iain
Pollock, Shaun
Ponting
Richards, Viv
Sangakkara
Sehwag
Shakib
Sinclair
Slater
ten Doeschate
Tendulkar
Thorpe
Vettori
Waqar
Warne
Wasim
Watson
Waugh, Steve
Willis
+ two winners from wildcard play-off

Wildcard play-off

Crowe
de Villiers, AB
Klusener
Kumble
Taylor, Ross

Last edited:

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
24 hours; KP wins 11-10.

Graham Thorpe (1969-)

6,744 runs in 100 Tests for England; 82 ODIs
Highest average by an English-born batsman since Boycott
One of nine Englishmen to play 100 Tests

Sir Ian Botham (1955-)

5,200 runs and 383 wickets in 102 Tests for England; 116 ODIs
Averaged 40 with the bat and 18 with the ball after his first 25 Tests
Hit 149 not out to help turn the 1981 Ashes from 2-0 to 1-3

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Aaaaaah this is a toughie

I'll go for the guy who was born on England's greatest peninsula, Botham it is

pasag

RTDAS
I don't live by "the rules" you know. And if there's one other person who's influenced me in that way I think, someone who is a maverick, someone who does that to the system, then, it's Ian Botham. Because Beefy will happily say "that's what I think of your selection policy, yes I've hit the odd copper, yes I've enjoyed the old dooby, but will you piss off and leave me alone, I'm walking to John O'Groats for some spastics."

King Pietersen

International Captain
I don't live by "the rules" you know. And if there's one other person who's influenced me in that way I think, someone who is a maverick, someone who does that to the system, then, it's Ian Botham. Because Beefy will happily say "that's what I think of your selection policy, yes I've hit the odd copper, yes I've enjoyed the old dooby, but will you piss off and leave me alone, I'm walking to John O'Groats for some spastics."
:laugh: Epic. The exact same quote came into my mind when I saw Beefy up for nomination here. :wub: Gervais. In agreement too, has to be Botham for me.