• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battle of Cricketers - CW's Favorite Cricketer

King Pietersen

International Captain
I love both Flower and Richards, so gutted I've gotta pick between 'em. Would have to go for Barry Richards though. As for the other group, I'd go for Bradman out of those 3.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Pretty sure they both have, actually. Hair deffo called Murali in a test & Gower had his little fit of pique versus NZ. He was pissed off with Crowe for something if memory serves.
I remember Martin Crowe saying once in a Dilmah Tea Party or something similar that in regards to that delivery, "I'd never seen Gower bowl before - and I still haven't since he chucked it!"

Barry Richards and The Don.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Flower 16-4 B Richards
Bradman 11; McCabe 6; Gayle 4

Round Two, Battle Six

Graeme Pollock (1944-)

2,256 runs in 23 Tests for South Africa
Highest batting average outside of Bradman
Had played 23 Tests by the age of 26; then politics intervened. Played 16 further seasons in South African first class cricket
Averaged nearly 70 in 14 Tests against Australia

Kevin Pietersen (1980-)

5,074 runs in 60 Tests for England; 98 ODIs
Hard-striking batsman who made an immediate impact following a four-year qualification period for England
Has been an automatic pick for the past five years, despite a controversial stint as captain