• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ajmal claims special concession to 15 degree rule allowed by ICC

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
What is not subjective though is the fact that Ajmal deceived one of the greatest players of spin of all time with his variation. Beauty be damned but that battle is something, and that's what I meant.
Yeah, in the same way that it would be possible to "deceive" some of the world's greatest Poker players by playing with an entire deck of cards up your sleeve.

smash84

The Tiger King
Yeah, in the same way that it would be possible to "deceive" some of the world's greatest Poker players by playing with an entire deck of cards up your sleeve.
Since the extra deck of cards is allowed by the Poker authorities that Poker player is pretty special that he is able to deceive the greatest poker player while other cry sour grapes :sleep:

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Said the same when he bowled England out cheaply so often, if he is cleared which he has been then we have to accept the decision and move on and stop moaning when he does well. As has been said in the match thread, nobody moaned about it last test when he wasn't taking wickets.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
On highlights that wicket of Du Plessis looked like a throw. His arm was bent at least 30 degrees.
He is chucking if he straightens that bent arm by more than 15 degrees. Check online that the ICC have used their own technology to monitor his bowling from real time match practise as well as seperate tests and have found him to be legal and within the 15 degrees rule.

Also to remind you, the ICC have allowed him to have a bend in the first place and cleared him for it due to an accident he has had. This was released during the England series. This is why he has a kink, but again to emphasise a chuck is relating to the straightening and not the bend itself.

Last edited:

smash84

The Tiger King
Said the same when he bowled England out cheaply so often, if he is cleared which he has been then we have to accept the decision and move on and stop moaning when he does well. As has been said in the match thread, nobody moaned about it last test when he wasn't taking wickets.
This

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Glad someone else brought that up and not me.

There is seriously no way that wasn't a throw tho.
Yeah I know, I am happy to admit that maybe it is an optical illusion and we are completely wrong blah blah blah but I find that really really hard to believe.

Tromperie

Cricket Spectator
I don't think there's much wrong with his stock delivery, even if his action isn't terribly aesthetically pleasing, but some of his doosras are just far too fishy.