• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd Test at Melbourne - December 26 - 30

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Absolutely right. The fact that it took Root until after the 2nd Test to actually say to his bowlers they were bowling too short, and to the batsmen that they weren't leaving well enough...both were obvious on the first day of the series. He's clearly getting **** all good help from that group. As much as we say his tactics for Leach were dire when he first came on in this Test (and they were), surely that's not just something that Joe Root has thought of on the spot or by themselves. Surely that is a directive as part of the coaching staff etc? Because it was utterly ****, and everyone has to wear that.

I'm not a 'Root must go' person either. There has to be someone clearly better to take over, and that doesn't mean Stokes because Brad Haddin said he was a better tactician for the hour Root was off the field. At the moment, Root is about the only choice because at least he leads by weight of runs.
Also ECB usually has like 3589873 backroom staff.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I don't think I've ever been happier to have been so wrong about a player than I was about Boland*. What a great second innings bowling performance from him. Not bad from the bloke who wouldn't have gotten a test if not for the injury of 3 others and the retirement of another. Genuinely very happy for him.

What a disappointing display of mental tenderness by the tourists. I get that they would rather be on the golf course and enjoying actually experiencing sunshine, but at least make it look like you're trying. Now I don't have an excuse to ignore the kids and wife while drinking beer all day. Thanks England.

Root getting clocked in the nuts again was the humorous highlight of the third day. The kids couldn't understand why I was laughing so hard.

*except Johnson in 13/14

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Are you guys delivering the results on horseback or what?
My S-I-L, who’s severely disabled, immune compromised and lives in a group home has it atm. At least, we are 99% sure because she got four positive RAT tests. It took them three days to get the kids to a testing centre, which they did four days ago now. Still haven’t got the results back. So, hooray I guess.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
My S-I-L, who’s severely disabled, immune compromised and lives in a group home has it atm. At least, we are 99% sure because she got four positive RAT tests. It took them three days to get the kids to a testing centre, which they did four days ago now. Still haven’t got the results back. So, hooray I guess.
That does seem slow.

Hendrix doesn’t agree but I’m yet to come across a positive rapid test than doesn’t convert to a positive PCR

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Hope she's okay mate. All the best