• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd Test at Melbourne - December 26 - 30

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
partially. sundar and thakur aren't exactly down to bumrah and shami levels of batting though.
true but they even rained bouncer fire on natarajan, didn't they...i remember siraj shielding him from the strike at some point...?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
damn that was another spineless display from england...aussie fans, do you really prefer these beatdowns over more competitive & thrilling series against other countries?
Yeah always. The Ashes is more important than any other series/ tourney in any format from my pov. If Aus lose every series in Asia this coming year I’ll have the ****s because they aren’t real cricket nations and rely mostly on finger spin, but at year’s end it will be a success because ashes won

Spark

Global Moderator
true but they even rained bouncer fire on natarajan, didn't they...i remember siraj shielding him from the strike at some point...?
well yeah but natarajan didn't make any runs. unlike bumrah and shami.

plus, it depends on what bowlers you have and the pitch conditions. bouncing a tail out when you have cummins and hazlewood is one thing; anderson and robinson is quite another.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah always. The Ashes is more important than any other series/ tourney in any format from my pov. If Aus lose every series in Asia this year I’ll have the ****s because they aren’t real cricket nations and rely mostly on finger spin, but at year’s end it will be a success because ashes won
not in asia, i meant in australia...anyway...i get it...we used to feel the same way about pakistan matches for a long time...

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Didn't watch the most match stuff, did Root blame the bowlers for not pitching it up again

Spark

Global Moderator
They didnt even overdo the short stuff to those two. Thakur just unfurled his coverdrives when they pitched it up.
i seem to remember a lot of posts here being very annoyed by the lengths we were bowling to them. but yeah, you can sort of understand banging it in against lower order batsmen in their first game in australia; for better or worse it's an extremely effective method of bowling here because the vast majority of them simply can't score off such bowling and they'll eventually dink one up in the air. even if you don't get them out immediately, you'll never really get hurt and the tail won't really wag.

but that's in australia. in england it's just idiotic.

sunilz

International Regular
i seem to remember a lot of posts here being very annoyed by the lengths we were bowling to them. but yeah, you can sort of understand banging it in against lower order batsmen in their first game in australia; for better or worse it's an extremely effective method of bowling here because the vast majority of them simply can't score off such bowling and they'll eventually dink one up in the air. even if you don't get them out immediately, you'll never really get hurt and the tail won't really wag.

but that's in australia. in england it's just idiotic.
But wasn't Anderson equally responsible for that short ball barrage ? All that started with Bumrah bowling short ball to Anderson and England players wanted to take revenge and Anderson didn't interrupt them.

Spark

Global Moderator
But wasn't Anderson equally responsible for that short ball barrage ? All that started with Bumrah bowling short ball to Anderson and England players wanted to take revenge and Anderson didn't interrupt them.
Yes - like I said there's a vast difference between Cummins and Starc doing it on bouncy, hard Australian pitches and Jimmy Anderson doing it at Lord's.

But yeah that it was a fit of pique rather than an actual plan (as it usually is when Aus bowlers do it) was what made it so galling