• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd Test at Melbourne - December 26 - 30

Spark

Global Moderator
Ftr, a **** greentop that is a batting lottery and finishes in 2 days isn't much better than a dustbowl with the same effect.

That's not at all what happened here though, pitch was excellent. Just very good bowling from both teams and terrible batting from England
Honestly even greentops that finish in less than half the allotted time for the Test don't bother me that much - the problem is when you get greentops which then flatten out, because those games are basically win toss, bowl first, win game, because you get the ridiculous situation of the team batting first getting incredibly tough batting conditions and the team batting last getting an absolute road.

And then there's inconsistent bounce. Really not a fan of anything with inbuilt inconsistent bounce.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If England are to keep with tradition after this test, who do you think will announce their retirement in the next 48 hours with immediate effect?

Victor Ian

International Coach
When is Zim vs Ireland series starting, would be more of a sporting contest than this dog and pony show usually dregs up. Waiting for "its tradition, going for over 130 odd years" baloney
your avatar looks like a shaggy white dog shaking its head

mr_mister

I got it wrong on Scott Boland

Thought he was not test class, thought he was too limited as a bowler, didn't think his Sheffield Shield performances would translate to the higher level

What he produced was brilliant, but pretty much the same as he has generally bowled over the last few Shield seasons. Yes the English by and large batted poorly. But to see the way he just settled in to his first class line and length and looked so good is an encouraging sign for this Australian team, a good advertisement for the Shield, but most of all clear evidence of a quality cricketer
In your defence I think most people didn't expect this from Boland including the selectors

tony p

First Class Debutant
What pearls of wisdom will the ECB come up with this morning after these 3 Test debacles. " Well, we have the leading "Hundred" competion in the world & we have told Darren Stevens to retire immediately as it is unfair that a 45 year-old is knocking over batsman for fun in the county championship" says Tom Harrison. "Other than that, NOTHING TO SEE"

stephen

So I watched the cricket this morning and it finished faster than a virgin on their wedding night. I didn't even have enough time to get properly lubricated.