• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd Test at Headingley, Leeds

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This is crazy. I know it's not just Australia that have had ridiculous collapses but I can't remember the last time we shot a side for under 100. Even Sri Lanka at Brisbane and India at Pune managed that.

67 all out. HS of 12, and he was lucky to get that. Crikey.

Cummins's average under 21 now. Hazlewood's best display since the 16/17 summer. Our best bowling display since 2013/14 Ashes. Almost certainly going to be the first time we win/hold the Ashes in England since 2001. What a performance.

flibbertyjibber

And if you're counting Smith, even Gooch counts, and he > Root. A top six of Atherton, Gooch, Stewart, Thorpe, Smith and Hussain would honestly be one of the best batting lineups going around if they were playing today. Don't think that would've played much though.
They'd be better than the current lot and Gooch is a pensioner.

Victor Ian

International Coach
After wallowing in angst through yesterday, this is such a satisfying bowling performance to have watched.

Burgey, I'm am bowing in light of your brilliance. I imagine others are going to be finding this a particularly bitter thing to do.

halba

International 12th Man
Look both sides have quality attacks but you want a contest from the batsmen. This just looks like bullying with test class bowlers up against grade level batsmen. Absolute crap batting from both sides.
atleast la-shane and daveed warner toughed it out.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That was undoubtedly the best innings I've ever watched. Feel like I need to go to bed now so I don't have to see how we screw up and keep England in the game.

Spark

Global Moderator
Look both sides have quality attacks but you want a contest from the batsmen. This just looks like bullying with test class bowlers up against grade level batsmen. Absolute crap batting from both sides.
A hell of a lot more application shown yesterday than today tbf. Very few of the Aus batsman could be charged with giving their wickets away, even if they didn't get any runs.

Burgey

And if you're counting Smith, even Gooch counts, and he > Root. A top six of Atherton, Gooch, Stewart, Thorpe, Smith and Hussain would honestly be one of the best batting lineups going around if they were playing today. Don't think that would've played much though.
Good players all. Including Gooch strengthens it so much. Robin Smith. Loved that bloke. Had the best forearms in cricket.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Honestly, I reckon you could pick any of the Shield or Div 1 county teams and have them do about this well.

flibbertyjibber

A hell of a lot more application shown yesterday than today tbf. Very few of the Aus batsman could be charged with giving their wickets away, even if they didn't get any runs.
Yeah, 4 English players can be and that is possibly generously low.