• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd Quarter Final - Australia v Pakistan (20th March)

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

James

Cricket Web Owner
Discussion surrounding the 3rd Quarter Final of the World Cup between Australia and Pakistan (Adelaide Oval).

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Australia should set up a semi vs india here, but Pakistan are capable of knocking them over cheaply.

Daemon

Smith/Clarke very important in this game imo. It's highly unlikely Pakistan will score heavily, so Australia need to bat around these two and not go for an outrageous total and end up with a below par one.

Trying very hard to not use cake analogies here.

Valer

First Class Debutant
Australia should set up a semi vs india here, but Pakistan are capable of knocking them over cheaply.
I'm not sure I'd rather face the West Indies (or SA/ IND). Probably a 80/20 match maybe a bit better.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Hoping Australia win this. Can't have Pakistan another chance against us, beat us and then claim all the world cup losses over the years didn't matter. :ph34r:

Spikey

No Cookies | Fox Sports News, Live Sport, Sports | Fox Sports

I think we've reached Peak Craddock

Which is to say, the above article is basically a piece of crap that attempts to relate something that is happening in modern Australian cricket, good or bad, with "events" that happened within in the Australian team during the the 70's and 80's, or during the Queensland team of the 90's, featuring classic characters like Rod Marsh, Dennis Lillee, the Chappell brothers, David Boon, Merv Hughes, Stuart Law and of course, Alan Border. well **** Craddock and **** shane warne. Mitch Starc was one of the best LO bowlers in the world before Shane Warne's stupid comments and he's one of the best LO bowlers in the world after Warne's stupid comments. It's had no impact on Starc coz he's a ****ing unbelievable bowler in LO cricket. Shane Warne is the rock, and if you think Warne has inspired Starc to greater heights, then you are Homer Simpson. god he writes some ****ing horrid ****.

GGG

State Captain
Wish they could both lose, I guess if push comes to shove then I want Pakistan to win as long as they lose the semi.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
No Cookies | Fox Sports News, Live Sport, Sports | Fox Sports

I think we've reached Peak Craddock

Which is to say, the above article is basically a piece of crap that attempts to relate something that is happening in modern Australian cricket, good or bad, with "events" that happened within in the Australian team during the the 70's and 80's, or during the Queensland team of the 90's, featuring classic characters like Rod Marsh, Dennis Lillee, the Chappell brothers, David Boon, Merv Hughes, Stuart Law and of course, Alan Border. well **** Craddock and **** shane warne. Mitch Starc was one of the best LO bowlers in the world before Shane Warne's stupid comments and he's one of the best LO bowlers in the world after Warne's stupid comments. It's had no impact on Starc coz he's a ****ing unbelievable bowler in LO cricket. Shane Warne is the rock, and if you think Warne has inspired Starc to greater heights, then you are Homer Simpson. god he writes some ****ing horrid ****.
:laugh:

Its very bad. Trying to be poetic and its just rubbish.

smash84

The Tiger King
End of the road for pakistan unfortunately.

Can't see the likes of Rahat Ali make inroads into Aus. the match might be over at the toss if Aus win the toss and bat first.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
India can't lose the final to Pakistan right? Must play semis

Last edited:

Xuhaib

International Coach
End of the road for pakistan unfortunately.

Can't see the likes of Rahat Ali make inroads into Aus. the match might be over at the toss if Aus win the toss and bat first.
Rahat is very good i think he is not far off from junaid and could actually be the best fast bowler in the country in a years time always grinds my gear when people bash him for no reason though i do believe he is more suited totest cricket