• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd Quarter Final - Australia v Pakistan (20th March)

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Even Shoaib Akhtar poured in and said there are five afridis in the batting line up. Can understand the reason but the way he is being blamed starting from former cricketers to fans is a bit unfair for me. Its not a new thing, he has batted like this for entirity and the expectation from him was just too much. If the youngstars that are coming through does not understand the meaning of building innings and all that and just want to bat like afridi, then there is a major problem in somewhere else starting from root. Its harsh to blame the man for this. In addition, he is a frontline bowler too. I guess minus the bowling he had no chance purely on batting skills. Every young player should understand why afridi is afridi. I mean he sets bad examples and its easy for a kid to fall into the trap of worshipping him as hero but once his cricketing career sets off it should be pretty clear by then that he cant just be a hack if hes primarily a batsman.

Hope made some sense there.
Yeah there is a lot of truth to this. Afridi as a bowler allrounder was an awesome one day cricketer. The problem lies in the fact that he's rightly selected as such but revered in the public for his batting. It's much more a perception issue than anything else.

Dundalis

Cricket Spectator
Disagree. Had watson gone at 85/4 i would have backed pakistan to win it. Yeah its the deepest lineup easily but apart from clarke and ssmith rest are just big hitters and while its still a good batting line up its weak by aussie standards. I can see them crumbling on a chase. Probably the best lineup to have if you are 160/3 with 20 to go setting a target. But in a low scoring pressure chase vs good bowling atm india, nz and sa all have more composed middle order batsmen.

So imo i couldnt see maxwell faulkner etc dig aus out of a hole yesterday.
Say again?
That drop was truely dire. The average international fielder should catch that 100x out of 100.

Pakistan are a team that play on emotion, imo a drop so simple would effect them far greater than most other teams.

I thought the game was over straight after the drop but had it been taken Pakistan would have been heavy favourites. Not a guaranteed win but Wahab would have got even more inspiration.

Aussie are still cup favs but nowhere near unbeatable as NZ proved in the group stage. I don't reckon they are more than 2/3 favs against India, SA or NZ.
Who said Australia are unbeatable? We don't have the ATG's scattered through our team, like we did a decade ago. We have simply managed to build back a very good side that can beat any other team on our day.

There are definitely some holes to plug in the team once the World Cup is over.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
The helmet was the wrong size for Maqsood and instead of wasting time, Misbah did it himself and when the right helmet came, Maqsood went back to that position. It was the management that's to blame for sending the wrong helmet.
Is that right? My apologies to Maqsood then.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Lol at Ramiz calling for Wahab to be captain.
2 new ball rule has rendered wahab useless this world cup aside i am not even sure he will be to hold his place after next couple of series however if he can he would be really tasty in test cricket even in sub cont/uae as he is a gun old ball bowler.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah he's the 8th richest sportsperson in the country, and the richest cricketer apparently.

Antihippy

International Debutant
Ah alright, fair enough.

I'm surprised if michael clarke isn't higher, but IPL money does count for quite a bit.