• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd Quarter Final - Australia v Pakistan (20th March)

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah I'm with you, rate Rahat Ali.

Reckon Pak need to get the ball to reverse like Sohail was getting it to.

Xuhaib

International Coach
If aus had scheduled their qf at Gabba this would have been a no contest adelaide does give us an outside chance.

Last edited:

Xuhaib

International Coach
Yeah I'm with you, rate Rahat Ali.

Reckon Pak need to get the ball to reverse like Sohail was getting it to.
I want us to go with yasir in place of irfan don't think irfan will hurt aus at this venue.Reverse and spin is the only way we can stop the aussie onslaught, barring irfan all three pacers are capable of reverse.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
um.. or we could play Pak in a semi who IMO are still an easier opposition to beat than Australia?

Still back Aus to win this, too much quality.

smash84

The Tiger King
Rahat is very good i think he is not far off from junaid and could actually be the best fast bowler in the country in a years time always grinds my gear when people bash him for no reason though i do believe he is more suited totest cricket
He is ok in test cricket. Won't exactly set the world alight in the coming years. Much like Umar Bull.

And yeah, he isn't really suited to the ODI game given his general lack of variety.

smash84

The Tiger King
um.. or we could play Pak in a semi who IMO are still an easier opposition to beat than Australia?
haha, yeah. This.

Aus firm favorites if they meet India in any games this tournament.

And India always firm favorites in WCs against Pak. Pakistan just choke against India as soon as the match starts.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Still back Aus to win this, too much quality.
Well, sure ffs. Ideally I'd prefer it if we roll through everybody. But if I knew we were going to lose anyway and I could choose whom it would be to, I'd prefer anyone but Pakistan.

BeeGee

International Captain
Love thy neighbour.

I think Gandhi said it best when he said something I can't remember, but whatever it was, it was gun.

Last edited:

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
He is ok in test cricket. Won't exactly set the world alight in the coming years. Much like Umar Bull.

And yeah, he isn't really suited to the ODI game given his general lack of variety.
Rahat is better than OK and he will be very good in the coming years. They guy is probably our best bowler in Test cricket right now. He bowls at 140 and swings the new ball both ways, which is better than what Junaid et al can do.

Tec15

First Class Debutant
Australia haven't really been put under pressure chasing yet. Pakistan have a big chance batting first even with a semi moderate total imo.

smash84

The Tiger King
Rahat is better than OK and he will be very good in the coming years. They guy is probably our best bowler in Test cricket right now. He bowls at 140 and swings the new ball both ways, which is better than what Junaid et al can do.
really? I probably missed that part.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member

really? I probably missed that part.
He was superb in the Test series vs NZ. Fast and with conventional and reverse swing.

I don't think his lack of variety matters all that much because Pakistan won't win games unless they roll through sides; if it comes to death bowling for them they've already lost the game. They're not chasing anything over 250.

smash84

The Tiger King
I don't think his lack of variety matters all that much because Pakistan won't win games unless they roll through sides; if it comes to death bowling for them they've already lost the game. They're not chasing anything over 250.
this much is true

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Think Australia will be decidedly happy at a path to the final through Pakistan and India. Australia's only real concern seems to be facing quality wicket-taking fast bowling in non-roady conditions, and they're going to face at most one of SA or NZ in the final at a ground where the teams batting first have scored 300-350.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Think Australia will be decidedly happy at a path to the final through Pakistan and India. Australia's only real concern seems to be facing quality wicket-taking fast bowling in non-roady conditions, and they're going to face at most one of SA or NZ in the final at a ground where the teams batting first have scored 300-350.
They also had a bit of a problem bowling to good batsmen at the SCG tbh

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
It's true that India, like SL's top order, should be able to put up a big score on a flat wicket. I just think in that scenario Australia are still very likely to win because:
- their batsmen will score even more against India's bowlers
- Starc is the only bowler on either side not going to be dominated by batsmen and that's worth 20-30 runs in economy, plus wickets.

As for Pakistan, they've been a surprise at times and will be interested to see how their bowling goes, but Australia overwhelming favourites.