• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2nd Quarter Final - India v Bangladesh (19th March)

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
They do. That's why I feel that even though it'd be an upset but nowhere near Ireland beating Pakistan or anything like that. I mean India have lost to Bangladesh before - IN the World Cup no less. It wouldn't be as shocking as those upsets.
Yeah I agree. I just think india has too much wih the bat for Bangladesh his time around.

Flem274*

123/5
Id love india to lose since the fans were hoping to get Bangladesh which would be hilarious but energetic equally makes me want bangladesh to be blasted off the park.

cnerd123

likes this
BD can sneak up on teams because they actually two good opening bowlers now... It is not just about all their left arm spinners and Mahmadullah... Can see this being a very close game and with BD going in as the underdogs and nothing to lose, anything can happen.
The whole 'left-arm spin army' thing is just a myth now anyways.

It's only Shakib really. Taijul and Sunny have both looked unthreatening and prone to losing their lengths, Mominul isn't in the XI, and Razzak's done for.

What's been BD's strength this WC is, as you said, the pairing of Rubel and Mortaza, supported ably by Shakib and the batsmen. Taskin's been pretty decent as well.

Nasir, Mahmadullah, Soumya and Sabbir are enough to get ten overs out of. They aren't going to be worse than Taijul and Sunny. Realistically, if the three quicks and Shakib don't send India's top order back early, then it won't matter who is filling in the 5th bowler overs, they're gonna get plundered anyways. Should stick with the balance they had against NZ, with batting down till 8 and Mortaza at 9. Set themselves up to either score or chase around 300.

Ideally bat first if they win the toss, and hope to induce a choke during the runchase.

Highly, highly unlikely they are going to win either way though. India just have too much quality.

Flem274*

123/5
Taskin could be agood bowler by world not just Bangladesh standards. More cultured than the candy rubel imo.

With rahim and shakib you must be tempted for five real bowlers including shakib at 6 or 7

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Playing Shafiul now would absolutely be the worst possible decision they could possibly make. Guy who hasn't played a single game in Australia is now supposed to front up for high pressure knockout match at the MCG? Judging by how he performed in the opening match of the 2011 World Cup, he'll crumble under pressure and get smashed. A second spinner is still the way to go IMO. Nasir and co can bowl his overs if the Indians go after him. Shafiul would add nothing and would invariably fail.
Not saying Shafiul is a great option but better option than sunny/taijul or playing 8 batsmen. It just shows the team selection was wrong including both same type of ordinary ones. Also wish Al Amin incident didnt occur. Sunny/taijul will be taken to the cleaners by Indians and wont be any better than Shafiul imo. At least Shafiul can have a go at the batsmen. Comparing his performance to wc 2011 has little meaning to this one. That time he was a frontline bowler with extra burden. Home crowd and flattest pitch. I read yesterday that he isnt in good shape so doubt he will play though.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
I saw that BD v NZ game and it looked to me BD wanted to lose and play India rather than SA. BD definitely would've won had Mortaza been playing. Shakib said in press conference "If Sangakkara can score 4 100s in a row then why can't Mahmudullah"? - this statement suggests to me that Bangla boys are confident of beating the bullies in front of packed Indian crowd. Shakib body language from that NZ game suggests to me that he is going to perform big time against India.
BD wanting to face India is overhyped by some poor journalism and various fans. I would question the moral of the team if that happened and pretty sure players were not obscured by this idea. If you tweak your play to choose the opponent that means you are well below short of confidence and waiting for disasters if such the case here

Flem274*

123/5
Tamim | Sarkar | Rahim | Marmadoola | Nasir | Shakib | Rahman | Mortaza | Taijul | Taskin | Rubel

Thoughts? Taijul hasn't been great but Kayes is a free wicket. Nasir is wasted at #8 imo, get him up the order a bit. Has one of the best techniques in the side and knows how to use his bat.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
batting order is kind of a dilemma. Soumya should open, he is a natural. Mushfiq can be at no. 3 or Mullah, either of them can fill up that position. But Mushy should play within top four and before Shakib which isn't happening at any games. think management is more prone to using Nasir as finisher and since Shabbir has been good in that role, Nasir can move up. certainly it's an option but probably a bit risky one since he's been down and out of form for a long time and barely made the final team for the world cup

cnerd123

likes this
Tamim | Sarkar | Rahim | Marmadoola | Nasir | Shakib | Rahman | Mortaza | Taijul | Taskin | Rubel

Thoughts? Taijul hasn't been great but Kayes is a free wicket. Nasir is wasted at #8 imo, get him up the order a bit. Has one of the best techniques in the side and knows how to use his bat.
Hmm. Kayes did okay seeing off the new ball vs NZ. In hindsight that was a crucial innings, despite how ugly he looked.

Taijul is basically a non-contributor as well. Even if he bowled closer to his potential he still will be fodder for the Indian lineup.

I'd rather Kayes stay in the XI and attempt to blunt Shami and Yadav, and lay a foundation. Nasir, Mahmadullar, Sarkar and Sabbir are good enough to get ten overs out of, we don't need Taijul/Sunny

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Will be phenomenal if Bangers get up. I reckon Bangers can chase up to 290 something. But restricting India to less than 300 is going to require quite some effort. God Speed bangers.