• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2nd Quarter Final - India v Bangladesh (19th March)

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

anil1405

International Captain
Team for the quarters-

1. Tamim
2. Soumya
3. Mahmudullah
4. Mushfiq
5. Shakib
6. Shabbir
7. Nasir
8. Mash
9. Shafiul
10. Rubel
11. Taskin

not impressed with taijul/sunny and don't think either of em can cause any damage. For this very reason, Jubair the leggie, should have been in the team. Even Chandika wanted him. Doomed if kayes plays, walking wicket.
This is the best possible lineup they could put up. Mushfiqur at 4 is a must. Shabbir and Nasir could be the guys to go for if and when quick runs are needed at the back end of the innings.

Energetic

U19 Cricketer
Indian fans already complacent so likely Indian team too. BD lost last 2 tosses so likely they win it and if so bat first and post 330+. Shakib and Tamim have to fire otherwise an easy India win. Rahim scored 117 against India last year.

Realistically India should win this. Too much batting quality.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
hope the team doesn't get too complacent...that is the surest path to disaster...

BeeGee

International Captain
I'd love to see Bangladesh upset India in this one. They've been improving, but it may be too much to hope for three tons in a row for Mahmudullah.

I do think it will be a closer game than it looks on paper.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
India should win this but it will be the funniest moment in cricket history of Bangladesh roll them over. Tbf, Bangers deserve their spot here too
Hey, if they deserve their semi spot, it wouldn't be all that big of an upset if they beat India.

Plus, the funniest moment in cricket history has already happened - it was when Ricky Ponting bowled part timers at Nagpur.

Tec15

First Class Debutant
Star Sports will immediately clamor for a return to the Super Eights format after India crash out. Gotta get those guaranteed 9 Indian matches.

Tec15

First Class Debutant
Team for the quarters-

1. Tamim
2. Soumya
3. Mahmudullah
4. Mushfiq
5. Shakib
6. Shabbir
7. Nasir
8. Mash
9. Shafiul
10. Rubel
11. Taskin

not impressed with taijul/sunny and don't think either of em can cause any damage. For this very reason, Jubair the leggie, should have been in the team. Even Chandika wanted him. Doomed if kayes plays, walking wicket.
Playing Shafiul now would absolutely be the worst possible decision they could possibly make. Guy who hasn't played a single game in Australia is now supposed to front up for high pressure knockout match at the MCG? Judging by how he performed in the opening match of the 2011 World Cup, he'll crumble under pressure and get smashed. A second spinner is still the way to go IMO. Nasir and co can bowl his overs if the Indians go after him. Shafiul would add nothing and would invariably fail.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hey, if they deserve their semi spot, it wouldn't be all that big of an upset if they beat India.

Plus, the funniest moment in cricket history has already happened - it was when Ricky Ponting bowled part timers at Nagpur.
They deserve their spot in the quarters mate...

neutralguy

U19 Debutant
I don't remember the whole Indian team bus meme but someone write it here. Its fitting and true.

I'll be at this game which means we cannot lose. Every Indian game I have attended this Australian summer India have not lost. 2 tests and 2 WC ODIs :cool:
Jono, go to SF and Finals also if India get there. You are the lucky charm for Team India.

Energetic

U19 Cricketer
I saw that BD v NZ game and it looked to me BD wanted to lose and play India rather than SA. BD definitely would've won had Mortaza been playing. Shakib said in press conference "If Sangakkara can score 4 100s in a row then why can't Mahmudullah"? - this statement suggests to me that Bangla boys are confident of beating the bullies in front of packed Indian crowd. Shakib body language from that NZ game suggests to me that he is going to perform big time against India.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
They deserve their spot in the quarters mate...
They do. That's why I feel that even though it'd be an upset but nowhere near Ireland beating Pakistan or anything like that. I mean India have lost to Bangladesh before - IN the World Cup no less. It wouldn't be as shocking as those upsets.

Last edited:

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
I saw that BD v NZ game and it looked to me BD wanted to lose and play India rather than SA. BD definitely would've won had Mortaza been playing. Shakib said in press conference "If Sangakkara can score 4 100s in a row then why can't Mahmudullah"? - this statement suggests to me that Bangla boys are confident of beating the bullies in front of packed Indian crowd. Shakib body language from that NZ game suggests to me that he is going to perform big time against India.
what.

I agree that Bangladesh can win but in no way did they want to lose, and Mortaza wouldn't have made a difference since it was the spinners that took the wickets.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
BD can sneak up on teams because they actually two good opening bowlers now... It is not just about all their left arm spinners and Mahmadullah... Can see this being a very close game and with BD going in as the underdogs and nothing to lose, anything can happen.