• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2nd Quarter Final - India v Bangladesh (19th March)

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

biased indian

International Coach
how much people will be in there for supporting BD..if they can get in 20% would be good.. other wise even a 260+chase with crowd behind india will be difficult.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Will be phenomenal if Bangers get up. I reckon Bangers can chase up to 290 something. But restricting India to less than 300 is going to require quite some effort. God Speed bangers.
Nah I wouldn't back Bangladesh to chase a big total. Best bet is to bat first imo. Might seem counter productive to give India a chase, which we're usually brilliant at, but it's their best chance. Bat first, hope its a better of a pitch and set us 275-300. Bangladesh chasing will just not work out and it'll probably just end with them falling in a heap.

Energetic

U19 Cricketer
If BD bat first then they really need to post 330+ to stand a chance. The joke Tamim needs to click now. Top order for BD has been disappointing in this tournament. If BD can get Kohli and Rohit early then GAME ON.

longranger

U19 Cricketer
I think the Zimbabwe game has helped the psyche of the Indian players in that this will not be a walk in the park. They almost paid the heavy price of a loss against hardly a great side, but managed to recover with a great partnership aided with poor bowling and fielding. It is important to note that the small grounds of New Zealand rendered Ashwin and Jadeja useless (how many sixes did they go for?), and it will be much harder to hit them around at the MCG.

Best chances are for India to bat and make 280+. Some quick wickets by Shami / Umesh / Mohit and low scoring overs by Ashwin and Jadeja should have Bangladesh faltering. That said, even if India have to chase, having Virat, Rahane and Dhoni in the side make me confident that it should be OK either way.

India for the win.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
If BD bat first then they really need to post 330+ to stand a chance. The joke Tamim needs to click now. Top order for BD has been disappointing in this tournament. If BD can get Kohli and Rohit early then GAME ON.
I like this post and it makes me feel pumped for the game. In the rugby world cup teams play out of their skins in the quarterfinals and sems. Argentina played against us like their very lives were on the line. I expect that Bangers will treat this game like it is the match of their lives.
Young Tamim Iqbal read in the papers before his century in England how garbage Bangladesh were and he couldn't sleep the night before the test his mind was in such turmoil. Then in story book fashion to defend his nations and team's pride he scored a century the next day.
This game could be epic or it could be a damp squib. I am hoping for Epic and that Bangers are in the right frame of mind to take on the might of India.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
backing Bangladesh but looking forward to the necessary spanking that we will hand India in the Semis as well (presuming Aus goes through)

cricman

International 12th Man
Bangladesh need to bowl first, hope there is some overcast, take advantage of it restrict India to 275.

I think Bangladesh would enjoy Binny's bowling in these conditions. There won't be any deviation off the pitch as there was in Dhaka last year

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
This has gone far,

Bangladeshi hackers group 'Black Hat Hackers' on Monday hacked the website of Congress MP and former Union Minister Shashi Tharoor.

Bizarrely, the motive was not at all political.

Instead, the hackers warned the Indian cricket team against underestimating Bangladesh in the quarterfinals scheduled to take place at Melbourne on Thursday. Calling the Bangladeshi team 'Tigers' the hackers threatened to 'manipulate cyber space' in India. Their reason for doing so was some obscure belief that the Indian media was deliberately downplaying Bangladesh, an act they called 'downsizing'.

Bangladeshi hackers take over Shashi Tharoor's official website, target Team India | Latest News & Updates at Daily News & Analysis

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
This has gone far,

Bangladeshi hackers group 'Black Hat Hackers' on Monday hacked the website of Congress MP and former Union Minister Shashi Tharoor.

Bizarrely, the motive was not at all political.

Instead, the hackers warned the Indian cricket team against underestimating Bangladesh in the quarterfinals scheduled to take place at Melbourne on Thursday. Calling the Bangladeshi team 'Tigers' the hackers threatened to 'manipulate cyber space' in India. Their reason for doing so was some obscure belief that the Indian media was deliberately downplaying Bangladesh, an act they called 'downsizing'.

Bangladeshi hackers take over Shashi Tharoor's official website, target Team India | Latest News & Updates at Daily News & Analysis
Wow. This so bizarre. There isn't even a mauka ad about Bangladesh, is there?

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
I've noticed Bangladesh seem to be ultra passionate, arguably more so than the other 3 subcontinental countries. I remember when they all got on the net and rated Gunday 1 star on IMB just cuz there were some inaccurate storytelling in the movie lmao.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Heh, just spent a few minutes on YouTube. Bangladeshi fans should know India has no sense of rivalry against them like we have against Pakistan. Bit surprising how many videos have been posted on YouTube for this game.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Heh, just spent a few minutes on YouTube. Bangladeshi fans should know India has no sense of rivalry against them like we have against Pakistan. Bit surprising how many videos have been posted on YouTube for this game.
Yeah I don't really get the hate, or maybe they actually want India to treat them as rivals? lmao. The only Indian player who didn't rate Bangladesh was Sehwag, it was hilarious when Viru declared when India were 9 down because before the game he said Bangladesh weren't good enough to take 20 wickets :laugh:

G.I.Joe

International Coach
If animals could express outrage, tigers would sign a petition to dissociate themselves from the Bangladeshi team.