• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

14th Match - England v Scotland

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

James

Cricket Web Owner
Discussion surrounding the 14th Match of the World Cup between England and Scotland (Hagley Oval, Christchurch).

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Rooting for Scotland, gonna be tough but if they can pull it off then it would make things hella interesting.

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
I'm reluctant to use "how badly they got caned by the Black Caps" as a measure to compare these two sides. But on that basis Scotland can definitely win this.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
If we lose to Scotland then public executions are the only option. It was one thing to lose to the Irish last time. But losing to the jocks at anything is unforgivable.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Oh come on you lot we'll hammer the sweaties - we may be ****, but that will still be good enough to see them off

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Oh come on you lot we'll hammer the sweaties - we may be ****, but that will still be good enough to see them off
I'd agree with this only because Scotland's batting looks weak, that even if they knock England over for 220 or so they won't get it. Scotland's bowling line-up ain't half bad though, so hopefully they make a contest of it.

Energetic

U19 Cricketer
Unlikely Scotland will win even though England have been playing pathetically in their first 2 games. However, I can't even see England winning by a big margin against the Scots. But really! England are unlikely to progress. All Bangladesh has to do is beat 1 of England, Sri Lanka and New Zealand and its likely because 50 overs is Bangladesh's favourite format, on high-confidence especially after gaining a free invaluable point against the favourites and have 2 world class players in Mushfiqur and Shakib. Their bowling and fielding was impressive in that Afghanistan game. Batting was average but they are much better than that.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Who will Furball be rooting for?
Scotland. As much as I love the England team I can't not root for Scotland, and I can't continually harp on about associates getting a rough deal then support England over Scotland.

Plus Ireland have had their moments in the last 3 World Cups, we need one as well for cricket up here. Of course, it would be great to get it against an ODI standard side but beggars can't be choosers.

Bleed_Blue

School Boy/Girl Captain
As has been well documented I am not a fan of minnows in this World Cup, but given the way England have played they are ripe for the taking really, hoping England can somehow get past them otherwise it will be a sad state of affairs