• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2013-14

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
One could argue that a striker is probably a more needed addition to Arsenal than a creative midfielder, regardless of a quality difference, but Giroud's been doing well lately, so maybe that's not really the case.

Anyway, I refuse to get excited until I see a deal done.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ozil has more assists in the last three years than any other player. Messi is second.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
They got the right one too. Ozil's a much better player than Di Maria, Benzema or Higuain.

Not that it really justifies his policy unless he signs several others. Getting that injection of class is great but it doesn't address the fact that their squad is unbelievably thin for a club in the CL.
I still think Arsenal's window was ****ed by Suarez's agent making a mess of his release clause.

Wenger's entitled to feel a bit smug. A player like Özil is well worth waiting for rather than panicking and over-paying for someone dross like most of the media would have had him do.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Still in for di maria and Abel Hernandez too apparently, will believe it when I see it, TBH.

Mind you I don't quite get the Hernandez thing, surely he's just had a mediocre carrer with one good continental Cup?

Last edited:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Sakho so awesome, but now we have 80 centre backs. Don't really want Skrtel to go after his heroics last night either. :(

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Has anyone watched Ander Herrera enough to pass firm judgement on him?

I can’t claim to have seen him more than a couple of times, but from what I have seen he looks a good all-round midfielder – strong tackler, a touch of class about his passing and distribution – without being truly exceptional. He’s an upgrade on Cleverley, but I’m not convinced he’s a £30m upgrade, which is what United are going to have to pay to get him.

Happy to defer to those who’ve seen more of him than I have, though.

grecian

Anyone is better than Cleverley.....

Ozil having a medical for Arsenal in Germany apparently, still don't believe it.

Pothas

Yeah it is amazing. Di Maria rumours still around as well. They wil, be absolutely ridiculous on the counter-attack if they get them both.

Pothas

Has anyone watched Ander Herrera enough to pass firm judgement on him?

I can’t claim to have seen him more than a couple of times, but from what I have seen he looks a good all-round midfielder – strong tackler, a touch of class about his passing and distribution – without being truly exceptional. He’s an upgrade on Cleverley, but I’m not convinced he’s a £30m upgrade, which is what United are going to have to pay to get him.

Happy to defer to those who’ve seen more of him than I have, though.
I will be angry at United for getting him because I was really looking forward to him and Benat playing together. It is so hard to judge value these days but I think Benat is a better player and Biblao got him for 8 million Euros just this summer.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, agreed - Benat was linked with United earlier in the year and I remember being far more excited by that. €8m...sigh.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
I thought buying Bale for 100m was stupid...but it could yet be topped if Real let a player as good as Ozil go.

grecian

Yeah, I'm in agreement with you two, think it's shocking by Real, but I guess we'll see.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
So it looks as though the Premier League's biggest, most exciting signing of the summer will be made by Arsenal.

#thingsineverthoughtidsay

Jarquis

Oezil was 15m euros wasn't it?

Genuinely pant-wettigly excited by it. We enquired about Mascherano apparently but Barca aren't as stupid as Real

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
It's really frustrating me actually. I've just been waiting, wanting, for them to confirm it, and it hasn't happened. Until I know it's 100% confirmed I'll just stay a nervous wreck.

Pothas

Jim White basically exploding with excitement already.

Got to love Natalie Saywer though, Bees fan don't you know.