• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2013-14

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Captain Obvious here, but it's always going to take a while for the newbs to gel. Hate to sully the thread by bringing in a PEWSism , but think the Spuds' squad has a higher ceiling than ours, at least potentially.

That said we do have Podolski, Arteta and the Ox to come back in. Diaby too, but he's more or less dead at this point.

Be interesting to see if any of the myriad rumours about who we might bring in are less than complete tosh.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Ha, Carra basically accusing Souness of talking shyte. Yes, T*ttenham did have a lot of possession, but, as JC observes, created eff all.

Can tell the chap who's actually played Prem football recently.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I know he already said he wanted to say but still worth putting in a big bid for Ozil tomorow, did not play today and the way Isco has started you struggle to see how is going to get in the side.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bale to Madrid finalised then. Apparently the fee is undisclosed because Ronaldo would throw a strop if he wasn't the most expensive player at the club anymore :laugh:

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Where did you see that figure? €100m the only number I've seen, though Madrid are apparently briefing a lower number to the press.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Where did you see that figure? €100m the only number I've seen, though Madrid are apparently briefing a lower number to the press.
Was from Ballague last week. Ronaldo cost €94m so Bale will be announced by Real as €91m.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So so happy with the result today but I will genuinely cry if we don't sign anyone tomorrow.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
A few interweb in-the-knows claiming it's a done deal - €45m, rising to €50m with add-ons.

If it goes through I'll be really happy for Arsenal and not the least bit bitter. Honest.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Of course he did.

2 weeks ago around the Fenerbache first leg he made a comment about the final two weeks in the window. He knew that Bale going to Real Madrid would mean that one of their players would become available.

Uppercut

Seriously though, fantastic player, absolutely unique and if it happens it'll be great to watch how he goes in the Premiership.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I only caught the second half just now, well played Arsenal. I thought the quality of the game was much better than the warm up Liverpool Man Utd game. I'm pretty concerned with Spurs inability to score and even take good shots on goal during play. Lamela had a few good touches when he came on, Lloris was terrific.

Uppercut

Of course he did.

2 weeks ago around the Fenerbache first leg he made a comment about the final two weeks in the window. He knew that Bale going to Real Madrid would mean that one of their players would become available.
They got the right one too. Ozil's a much better player than Di Maria, Benzema or Higuain.

Not that it really justifies his policy unless he signs several others. Getting that injection of class is great but it doesn't address the fact that their squad is unbelievably thin for a club in the CL.