• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2012-13

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Thank you - vindicated at last

.... and young sledger you didn't invite me to that particular social event either, nor did you Corrin come to that - bastards!
Not quite sure how this happened, but I distinctly remember that it was not my fault.

If the nice gentleman from Merseyside is true to his word, and returns after the Olympics, I am sure something can be arranged.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Not quite sure how this happened, but I distinctly remember that it was not my fault.

If the nice gentleman from Merseyside is true to his word, and returns after the Olympics, I am sure something can be arranged.
Certainly

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Given that you, unlike GIMH, well know how short a journey it is between Reading and Chancery Lane tube station you're about as convincing as the erstwhile England captain, though I will concede that that does entitle you to a finding of not guilty on this occasion

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Given that you, unlike GIMH, well know how short a journey it is between Reading and Chancery Lane tube station you're about as convincing as the erstwhile England captain, though I will concede that that does entitle you to a finding of not guilty on this occasion
Well Fred, I shall be in the vicinity of Chancery Lane for the next few weeks, slaving away in the library, for there is no rest for the wicked. But if you happen to be around, do let me know. Much as it would pain me to do anything other than write my dissertation, I am sure I could be persuaded to leave it alone for a while.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Think the Terry case is one of those were "doubt", which always exists excepted where guilty parties cough, however infinitesimally small it is & "reasonable doubt" are conflated.

I also think the trial demonstrates the truth of the old aphorism "You can take the boy out of the East End..." for Ferdinand and Terry. To use an phrase in their own vernacular, they're both two-bob ****s.

Last edited:

social

Think the Terry case is one of those were "doubt", which always exists excepted where guilty parties cough, however infinitesimally small it is & "reasonable doubt" are conflated.

I also think the trial demonstrates the truth of the old aphorism "You can take the boy out of the East End..." for Ferdinand and Terry. To use an phrase in their own vernacular, they're both two-bob ****s.
I heard parts of an official interview that Terry gave as part of the investigation

Whilst not quite in the league of Rooney, the guy is seriously thick

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I heard parts of an official interview that Terry gave as part of the investigation

Whilst not quite in the league of Rooney, the guy is seriously thick
Terry's more dense, IMHO. Rooney at least has the self awareness to know he's not a scholar. Terry's the kind of wuckfit who's too much of one to realise quite how spectacularly low his IQ is.

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Rio in racist tweet shocker

From the BBC.

The Peckham Playboy™ describes a tweet calling Ashley Cole John Terry's "choc ice" as a "classic".

It's ok tho, as, & here I quote the ungreat man, "It's a type of slang/term used by many for someone who is being fake".

Of course, they're well known fakers, those frozen chocolate-covered bastards. Nothing to do with being dark on the outside and paler in the middle at all.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Will be funny if someone reports him to the police and he ends up being charged with disseminating a racist statement.

Pretty stupid thing for him to do in any case, but then again, he's not exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
All we need now is for Terry to come out and call someone a Choc Ice as well, that really would put the icing on it.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Rio has really shown himself up. Wonder if the FA will take action? They did with Ravel Morrison over him tweeting about homosexuals last season.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Can't understand why so many people use it tbh. It amazes me that people actually give a hoot about what someone like Rio has to say anyway, but evidently they do, so I won't dwindle on that. What amazes me more is that people like Rio actually think they have something insightful to tell the rest of us. Can't remember ever hearing anything in the news about a tweet that was interesting or thought provoking, it's always banal tripe.

Scaly piscine

Finding all the discussion on Andy Carroll really pathetic. They're going on as if he plays then the only way you can use him is by hoofing it towards him from 50-60 yards. If you're actually a decent passing team in the first place (which England and Liverpool aren't) then he can basically hang in the box all day and wait for someone to find him. It wasn't exactly effective when Liverpool and England hoofed the ball to him 30-40 yards out with one heavily outnumbered team-mate to find. What he needs is a quality ball finding him in a position where he can score. It doesn't really matter if the quality is from a deeper position - like Gerrard's cross in Euro 2012 - or a pass along the floor. Better teams need the guy in the box who can finish things off more than anyone because sooner or later they'll have teams camped in their own half.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Anyone watched "Is Football Racist?" on BBC3?

Haven't done so myself, but the gist I get is that John Barnes has forgotten that he got sacked because he was ****ing useless at managing a football team, and not because he was black.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Finding all the discussion on Andy Carroll really pathetic. They're going on as if he plays then the only way you can use him is by hoofing it towards him from 50-60 yards. If you're actually a decent passing team in the first place (which England and Liverpool aren't) then he can basically hang in the box all day and wait for someone to find him. It wasn't exactly effective when Liverpool and England hoofed the ball to him 30-40 yards out with one heavily outnumbered team-mate to find. What he needs is a quality ball finding him in a position where he can score. It doesn't really matter if the quality is from a deeper position - like Gerrard's cross in Euro 2012 - or a pass along the floor. Better teams need the guy in the box who can finish things off more than anyone because sooner or later they'll have teams camped in their own half.
Yeah, but decent players don't "hang in the box", and wait for the ball to be put on a plate them. Even strikers in the Carroll mould have to move a bit if they're to be even remotely effective without having it hoofed in to them.