• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies in India

Who is a better option for India at No. 6 for the WI series?

• Total voters

Satguru

Banned
He's got the hundred at a really good rate, thank good ness otherwise WI's run rate would be below 2 :dry:

Chanders WAG :wub:

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Chanderpaul, WAG. Been in awesome form in the last few months in county cricket and now for WI. Indian attack struggling a bit, would have expected more wickets than that against this batting line up. No need to panic though as tests don't usually start unravelling in India till day 4.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
50 partnership up quick-smart.

Yadav looks like a bowler, quick and does seem to swing the new ball, but does spray it about rather.

Xuhaib

International Coach
impressed with Yadav is skiddy, quick but more importantly can move the ball seems like a bloke with some decent upside potential.

Burgey

Not a bad first day actually, from the POV of setting up the match. Maybe a few more runs would have been ideal.

Stapel

International Regular
Honours even today? I can see India finish this off relatively quickly tomorrow, but I can also see these two adding a few more. Sammy and Rampaul can hold a bat, so it is once more in the hands of Chanders.

The real challange for the Windies will be to crack the Indian batting line-up. Sehwag, Gambhir, Dravid, Tendulkar, Laxman, Yuvraj, Dhoni...., I can't see Sammy & co take 20 wickets in any easy way!

Does anyone know why Praveen Kumar doens't play?

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Don't see anything wrong with the Delhi Wicket generally tbh.

It is one of the most result oriented wickets in the world in recent times. And with the Likes of Ahmedabad,Colombo,Abu Dhabi and many other wickets around the world around blaming it is ridiculous.

Also don't buy the argument one bit that high and extra bounce with swing and seam movement is good for cricket, but Low bounce or Spin is bad. Teams need to learn to deal with it. Also they usually put grass on the Kotla wicket and scatter it a little bit to get some extra bounce, but i think because of the recent ban they haven't this time because it can then cause uneven bounce and the teams and the ICC will moan about it.
Nah, low bounce is dire. Hinders both batsmen and bowlers and usually makes for really poor watching.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Correct pronounciation of Ojha's surname, anyone? :unsure:

Just watching the highlights and some comms are liking "Oh-jar", others "Oh-ju" & still more going for "Oh-sar".

Kohli_fan

Banned
Excellent knock from Shiv, he is an outstanding batsman and his fine record against India continues!

Still think we are on top overall, Shiv is the key for the Windies to achieve a total of close to 400 we are probably one wicket away from running through them quite quickly!

Hats off to Ashwin he was superb today! Great to see such healthy competetion in the spin department

Daemon

Correct pronounciation of Ojha's surname, anyone? :unsure:

Just watching the highlights and some comms are liking "Oh-jar", others "Oh-ju" & still more going for "Oh-sar".
The first one, or Oh-Jha afaik.

I've noticed that some Indians have the tendency to pronounce 'Z' as 'Jh' and vice versa, not sure why it is though. My Grandad used to do that.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
First bit of commentary I read about the game makes me want to vomit all over the sycophantic tit on Cricinfo:

69.5 Brathwaite's resistance is over. MS Dhoni has pulled off a smart stumping, the sort you see from the smartest cookies in gully cricket. What a set up. Ojha sends this down a little wider, a little slower, but just as full as he has been all day. Brathwaite is sucked out into the extensive forward lean and prod, but the ball breaks away and leaves him groping. Dhoni took almost no time to collect the ball and whip out the bails. The quickest hands you will ever see. Reminiscent of the stumping he pulled off for Ojha v Michael Clarke in Bangalore last year. The third umpire finds Brathwaite's back foot is still in the process of getting back in. With another keeper, it might have. 180/4

No doubt every one of India's boundaries will be treated as if Bradman in his pomp would have look on in awe.

Anyway hope West Indies can make 400 and bowl decently. Have a proper game. I think India would be the more pleased team, they'll be looking at 350 and under and taking control of the game.

Kohli_fan

Banned
First bit of commentary I read about the game makes me want to vomit all over the sycophantic tit on Cricinfo:

69.5 Brathwaite's resistance is over. MS Dhoni has pulled off a smart stumping, the sort you see from the smartest cookies in gully cricket. What a set up. Ojha sends this down a little wider, a little slower, but just as full as he has been all day. Brathwaite is sucked out into the extensive forward lean and prod, but the ball breaks away and leaves him groping. Dhoni took almost no time to collect the ball and whip out the bails. The quickest hands you will ever see. Reminiscent of the stumping he pulled off for Ojha v Michael Clarke in Bangalore last year. The third umpire finds Brathwaite's back foot is still in the process of getting back in. With another keeper, it might have. 180/4

No doubt every one of India's boundaries will be treated as if Bradman in his pomp would have look on in awe.

Anyway hope West Indies can make 400 and bowl decently. Have a proper game. I think India would be the more pleased team, they'll be looking at 350 and under and taking control of the game.

Mind you the English commentators were telling us that Swann was a good bowler before England came to India last month! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

kingjulian

U19 12th Man
Dhoni is a pretty good stumper. I can't think of anyone who is better at the moment.

Ya, he has other flaws as a keeper, but i'm not sure what your problem is with this one.

Flem274*

123/5

You should have seen the comment in the build up. It's quoted earlier in the thread.

Mind you the English commentators were telling us that Swann was a good bowler before England came to India last month! :laugh::laugh::laugh:
No, not having any of this. Swann is a good bowler. Unless you want yet another infraction, don't go down this path.