• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies in India

Who is a better option for India at No. 6 for the WI series?

• Total voters

kingjulian

U19 12th Man
Unless you want yet another infraction, don't go down this path.

WOW....JUST WOW.

Way to be impartial!!!

Sometimes it helps to say "My bad, that was a poor comment" even if you are a mod....

Edit...apologies. My bad on calling you an idiot. That was a pretty stupid needless jibe.

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
I want no replies to KFs post by the way, since no less than three moderators reported it all at once. We are aware of it. Don't be reduced to his level.

Flem274*

123/5
WOW....JUST WOW.

Way to be impartial!!!

Sometimes it helps to say "My bad, that was a poor comment" even if you are a mod....

Idiot!
He's clearly bringing in Swann being supposedly poor (when he is the best spinner in the world) into an unrelated thread just to lay the bait.

I'm going to ignore the insult.

kingjulian

U19 12th Man
I disagree with you. If you dare to argue, i'll ban you!

Man.... you must be getting a power rush out of this!!!

I want one!

Howe_zat

Audio File
Anyway, great stuff from chanderpaul but India will definately be the happier side. Restricted the runs and get through to the lower order on the first day, on what sounds like a friendly if slow track. There's really not much batting to come if Shiv gets out early tomorrow, so I'd expect the Windies to reach a decent but well under par score, maybe 320-340.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
nah it was a pretty damn sharp stumping.
Yup, great work, tbfttc.

Then later Yadav sent one slightly down the legside that should've been a regulation stop for any vaguely competent keeper and Dhoni went down like an arthritic family retainer vainly trying to prevent his lordship's bread roll from hitting the floor.

I've heard it said that standing up is the true test of a keeper's chops, but Dhoni seems to give lie to this.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Yup, great work, tbfttc.

Then later Yadav sent one slightly down the legside that should've been a regulation stop for any vaguely competent keeper and Dhoni went down like an arthritic family retainer vainly trying to prevent his lordship's bread roll from hitting the floor.

I've heard it said that standing up is the true test of a keeper's chops, but Dhoni seems to give lie to this.
Nah, they're two very different skills. Jack Russell, for instance, was always prone to the odd clanger standing back, but would take everything, off pace, standing up - Prior is probably better standing back (current version anyway) but rather iron-gloved at the stumps.

I think the pace of bowler that you can comfortably stand up to is a better guide, as it indicates your speed of perception/pace of footwork... and also whether you can read spinners out the hand. Personally, I'm far happier standing up to medium pacers than spinners as I'm crap at picking the spin, and often end up looking a **** and/or trusting reflexes and hand speed to take the ball.

nsniks

State Vice-Captain
Well we have never won a test match in which Chanders has scored a century against us. He becomes Bradman against us, dont know how we will get him out 6 times in this series

abmk

State 12th Man
Chanders was too good .. Even after so many years, India have not found a solution for him !

Braithwaite played a useful knock as well....

Ishant and Yadav bowled decently, but were unlucky not to get a single wicket combined. Ojha and Ashwin put in some good spells ...

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pacers were alright but they wasted the first new ball really. They needed to pitch it up further and Yadav especially was bowling too wide to the left handers. They should've realised edges weren't going to carry and thus attacked the stumps more often. Not sure if they did that later in the day, was asleep.

prateekchillz

Cricket Spectator
Missing Zak

Indian Bowling attack is missing its spearhead Zaheer Khan. Shreesanth was doing good this time. Why did they dropped him