• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW's 50 Best ODI Cricketers of all time - The Countdown

smash84

The Tiger King
and his Avg and SR are better than both warne and murali..
and he was the only spinner who consistently bowled in the last 5 overs. Something I have seen even Murali not doing too often.

What are their SRs and Averages?? For Warne Murali and Saqlain???

biased indian

International Coach
and he was the only spinner who consistently bowled in the last 5 overs. Something I have seen even Murali not doing too often.

What are their SRs and Averages?? For Warne Murali and Saqlain???
-------------Mat-- W ---Avg -----Eco------ SR
Saqlain 169-- 288 --21.78 ---4.29 --- 30.4

Warne 194-- 293 --25.73 ---4.25 -----36.3

Murali 339 --517 ---23.11 ---3.92 -----35.3

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
true. Even I have saqlain on my list. He was the best ODI bowler in the world for a good 4-5 year period. The fastest to 100 wickets and 200 wickets. Still holds the record for these.
from my list, 8 players are part of the 25 listed so far,of the remaining 17 i think 15 should be there ....the 2 i have a doubt Vass & Saqlain Mushtaq..

but i will be really suprised if saqlain miss out on the top 50
Saqlain missing out would be criminal.

I would rate him higher than Shane Warne as a ODI spinner.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
from my list, 8 players are part of the 25 listed so far,of the remaining 17 i think 15 should be there ....the 2 i have a doubt Vass & Saqlain Mushtaq..

but i will be really suprised if saqlain miss out on the top 50
true. Even I have saqlain on my list. He was the best ODI bowler in the world for a good 4-5 year period. The fastest to 100 wickets and 200 wickets. Still holds the record for these.
I have Saqlain too. So that's 3 of us at least. He should definitely be in top 50. If he hasn't made it so far, he will be there much higher I think.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
I have my doubts on Vaas. He should have been somewhere between 31-50. I guess we won't see him in 1-25.

bagapath

International Captain
CW lists are usually bang on. our individual biases get evened out and we manage to produce definite lists/ teams everytime we do these kind of things. I voted for saqlain (I think) and expect him to make it to the top 25.

having said that I am baffled by kapil dev consistently getting such high ratings as a ODI allrounder. he was good, yes. but was he that good?

Last edited:

smash84

The Tiger King
****...I knew I missed someone out.
damn. That is a big miss..........hopefully everybody else has included him so it shouldn't matter too much

CW lists are usually bang on. our individual biases get evened out and we manage to produce definite lists/ tems everytime we do these kind of things. I voted for saqlain (I think) and expect him to make it to the top 25.

having said that I am baffled by kapil dev consistently getting such high ratings as a ODI allrounder. he was good, yes. but was he that good?
Not too many come to mind with his ability to bowl and bat in an ODI.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Someone recently posted a graphic that showed Kapil topping the ICC ODI all rounder rankings for 10 (?) straight years. He dropped to second place on a couple of occasions.