• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Netherlands vs Brazil (Quarter-Final One)

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The Dutch have been fantastic since they were gifted that equaliser - didn't deserve to be in the match at all but once they were given that lifeline they took it and made Brazil pay. Almost German-esque, dare I say.
Yeah pretty sure that the Germans and the Dutch have just swapped teams and not told anyone.

Pothas

Yeah, Brazil to win the tournament. I can't see any of the other sides, bar maybe Spain if they get their act together, troubling them much in defence.
:laugh:

Amazing how quickly things change.

Thought they were dire in the second half, totally lost their discipline and created nothing.

Xuhaib

International Coach
that was awful from Brazil in the 2nd half completely lost their shape after two goals.

Jarquis

Were odds of 14/1 on Brazil scoring first and the Dutch winning.
Then odds of 6/1 on Holland winning a half.
Wish I was 18 so bad.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Watch the replay, they guy kicks his foot, taking him down.

Worst part about World Cup, ****s are experts even though they have no idea what they're talking about.

Then dont watch then, ffs.
Who the **** died and made you Martin ****ing Tyler?

The worst part of the WC is ponces carrying on like they have a divine right to **** can other people who follow it, presumably on the basis that they have no life and watch every English League One match on pay per view when real people are either out of a weekend picking up a root, or in bed having one. Because the person they're ****-canning doesn't memorise the name of every second division goal scorer since 2002 they're apparently "not a real fan".

But the person doing the ****-canning is often a real ****.

****ing appalling. Unsurprising, and frankly common place on here, but appalling nonetheless.

The only thing to match the rank ****-headedry of CW's football snobbery is CW's music snobbery.

Both the product of fundamentally ignorant, intolerant and immature minds.

Fin.

Last edited:

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
:laugh:

Amazing how quickly things change.

Thought they were dire in the second half, totally lost their discipline and created nothing.
Absolutely - really, really disappointed with the way Brazil went to pieces when things turned against them, their big players just went missing.

I think #6 is Van Bommel, the guy they're talking about that managed to avoid a yellow despite his best attempts.
Yep, Van Bommel has always been a dirty **** and nothing about his performance in that match was the least bit surprising. That he manages to get away with what he does so regularly never fails to bother me.

Johnners

Whoa amazed, utter capitulation by Brazil. Kudos to the Dutch for taking advantage though, genuinely thought they were always well behind the 8 ball, but I guess it just goes to show anything can happen in football.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
I told you all so!!! Holland will win!

Get in (btw weve been ****ed by divers in the past)

grecian

The worst part of the WC is ponces carrying on like they have a divine right to **** can other people who follow it, presumably on the basis that they have no life and watch every English League One match on pay per view when real people are either out of a weekend picking up a root, or in bed having one. Because the person they're ****-canning doesn't memorise the name of every second division goal scorer since 2002 they're apparently "not a real fan".

****ing appalling. Unsurprising, and frankly common place on here, but appalling nonetheless.

The only thing to match the rank ****-headedry of CW's football snobbery is CW's music snobbery.

Fin.
:laugh: Lose a lot of money on Brazil, Burgey.

FTR, if they were watching Div1 or Div2, they'd be even more intolerant of the diving and play-acting, then if they were just casual observers.

pasag

RTDAS

Fin.
You do have poor taste in music, tbf.

R_D

International Debutant
How many fouls is van Bommel being allowed to get away with?
Lucky to be on the pitch.. .... there was couple of fouls that were yellow card worthy.. Dutch got away with lots of silly foul today.

Congrats to them... they hung in there and played well in the second half but Brazil just lost it after the equaliser though.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You do have poor taste in music, tbf.
I know. I should scour around the net more looking for artists no bastard's ever heard of. Cos if they have been heard of, they're ipso facto "dire". Don't deny it, I know it's true - it was me however many years ago.

How the **** people can deign to criticise another's taste in something like music, whose raison d'etre is for the enjoyment of the individual listening to it, is beyond me. Well, actually it isn't, cos when I was in high school and uni I did too. Thought I was being sophisticated, but I was just being an utter tosspot.

Frankly mate, you just get to a point where you don't give a flying **** what people think of the music you listen to, because your head's no longer so far up your own arse you can just listen to what you like, instead of worrying about what other people will think about you, like a school girl worries about whether the skirt she's wearing fits the bill with the in crowd.

It's horrendous. I only care so much about it because so many of the good folk of CW suffer from this appalling affliction. The cure, sadly for those who do, is relative old age.

Last edited:

irfan

State Captain
Unbelievable, still can't believe how badly Brazil collapsed after half-time. Younger guys like Melo and Bastos totally lack discipline and that probably cost Brazil in the end. Stekelenburg the hero for mine, saved a pearler from Kaka and a stinger from Maicon. Robben at his niggly best. The Dutch hung in there and now must surely be favs for their semi-final against Uruguay/Ghana.

pasag

RTDAS
I know. I should scour around the net more looking for artists no bastard's ever heard of. Cos if they have been heard of, they're ipso facto "dire". Don't deny it, I know it's true - it was me however many years ago.

How the **** people can deign to criticise another's taste in something like music, whose raison d'etre is for the enjoyment of the individual listening to it, is beyond me. Well, actually it isn't, cos whem I was in high school and uni I did too. Thought I was being sophosticated, but I was just being an utter toisspot.

Frankly mate, you just get to a point where you don't give a flying **** what people think of the music you listen to, because your head's no longer so far up your own arse you can just listen to what you like, instead of worrying about what other people will think about you, like a school girl worries about whether the skirt she's wearing fits the bill with the in crowd.

It's horrendous. I only care so much about it because so many of the good folk of CW suffer from this appalling affliction. The cure, sadly for those who do, is relative old age.
Wanted one more rant before I knocked off for the night, win :laugh: