• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who Did You Used to Pretend to Be?

chasingthedon

International Regular
As a right-hander....

....obviously I pretended to be John Edrich for batting and Derek Underwood for bowling - thought it would make me ambi-dexterous, while it actually just made me look like a wally.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Its very funny but I cant just remember trying to be like someone during my early days. I suppose it was because there was no TV and you really did not know too much about the styles of various players as well as you do now to be influenced.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I've got a pretty similar seam bowling action to Brett Lee, and I guess my leg-spin looks quite like Warne. Not too sure about my batting style though, it's pretty average TSTL.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Mark Waugh with the bat, definitely. With the ball I tried to bowl like Warne a lot, but I was always really a seam bowler, never had any ability as a spinner at all. Not sure I imitated any particular fast bowler.

slugger

State Vice-Captain
I wanted to be like Lance Cairns but I didnt pretend to be him... I didnt really notice the bowling side of cricket until I was older.. as I wasnt a big bulking hulk of a guy .. I just spinned the ball.. but I wasnt even aware of spin bowling.. I was a bit pass the pretending type stuff when patel bowled in the world cup..

Laurrz

International Debutant
Still pretend to be McGrath or Clark when i try to bowl quick :laugh:
when bowling spin.. mixture of Monty Vettori

when batting.. Gilly (not going well so far :laugh: )

chooka_nick

International 12th Man
GD McGrath, all the way, and it shows these days.
Batting-wise, I always wanted to be Damien Martyn. So effortless... :wub:

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
Used to bowl like Carl Hooper before getting my own action. Tried bowling leg spin for a season but didn't model it on anyone.
Based my off spin action on Carl Hooper as well. I used to try bowling like Allan Donald as well, but lack of pace and ability made it look like crap.
I've always based my batting on Tendulkar.