• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2010-11

L Trumper

State Regular
BARCA always raided palyers from arsenal, it won't end. But everybody loves'em so nothing will happen. Overmars to Fabregas they will keep on raiding. Henry saga continued for two seasons, now its cesc's turn then some one else..

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
In other news, Irish club Shamrock will play Juventus in the Europa League third qualifying round. So Uppercut, will that consist of nothing but long balls and kicking the **** out the Juventus players?
I've never seen Shamrock Rovers play. But let's hope so.

Uppercut

Btw, How can Barcelona afford to Buy Cesc after they have bought Villa and that too after taking a loan to meet the running costs of the club and to pay the wages of the current players?
Failing to pay the players was a liquidity problem. They have loads of money, just no cash. I ranted about it a few pages back.

That's what they say anyway, it's perfectly feasible but they obviously could be covering something up.

vcs

It would be in the best interests of both parties to let Cesc play on at Arsenal a couple of years (till Xavi fades) and then make a concerted effort to bring him in when he has run down his contract or has just a year left on it. The only reason Barca are making such a saga out of this is that they want to get him on the cheap, but very rarely do Arsenal get bullied into a poor deal so I don't see this happening on their terms. Their players can bleat on about Fabregas's heart being at Barcelona all they want. Wenger and the Arsenal board will sell him when they see fit.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Barca is not the only party at fault here

If Cesc didnt want to stay long-term, why sign a long-term contract?

Football (and I'm referring to more than one code here - rugby union and league are just as bad) is one of the few areas where the parties to a contract dont seem to think that it's worth the paper that it's written on

Jarquis

Am proud of what Arsenal are doing tbf. All the talk of player power and what have you, goes to show yo don't have to sell so long as you don't want to.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
And that is why I hate Real Madrid. I'm just hoping that the debts become too much and the whole league goes arse up. Real Mallorca have been kicked out of the Europa League with more €70m worth of debt.
The Debts are Interest free for Real Madrid and Barcelona apparently and also have a very loose timeline to be repaid.
And if they can't repay them they take another debt or get the deadline extended and if it goes to the last resort they get the city municipal council to buy of the training ground at a ridiculous price.

The main problems there is that more than 75 % of the population in spain,support these two clubs.So whether it be the banks or the council they are either run by their fans or are afraid of crossing their fans and getting in their bad books. Infact these clubs threaten the banks that they will tell their fans to boycott the bank if they do not give " interest- free" loans to them in the name of development of the region.Same in the case of the local government and bodies.
It's a disgrace really.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Am proud of what Arsenal are doing tbf. All the talk of player power and what have you, goes to show yo don't have to sell so long as you don't want to.
I think aresnal should sell for anything over 40 million pounds ,if they are assured of spending all the money.

They could really buy two pretty good midfielders probably for that money. Say A Oezil/gourcuff/Ganso along with a Khedira/Veloso/Defour/Melo and still have money to spare maybe.

But since Barcelona are offering less than that,specially after selling Yaya Toure to city for a highly inflated price then there is no reason Arsenal should sell for less than 40 million seeing what Toure went for.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
BARCA always raided palyers from arsenal, it won't end. But everybody loves'em so nothing will happen. Overmars to Fabregas they will keep on raiding. Henry saga continued for two seasons, now its cesc's turn then some one else..
Hah. Are you being ironic wrt Barca poaching Cesc?

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Only if you think there should be hundreds of legends of his generation.
Go on then, name the "hundreds" of players of Henry's generation who rank above him.

I can literally think of ONE striker who deserves to be there above him, so I'm curious as to the hundreds of names I'm missing out on.

Scaly piscine

Dunno if you've noticed but there's more than one position on a football field.

Most of the France World Cup winning team (defenders and midfielders) would be ahead of Chief Cheateur for starters. Then you can look at other World Cup winning teams. Then you've got players who, like Chief Cheateur, haven't done a great deal on the international stage (whether it be because the international side is a bit rubbish, or otherwise) but are more impressive for their club team (Messi and Ronaldo being obvious ones).

Craig

World Traveller
And City are ready to spend £26m on Milner. lolworthy.
I see your £26m for Milner and give you the £20m price tag West Ham have placed on Scott Parker's head :laugh:

For club that's up the creek without a paddle when it comes to money, I don't see how they can be too picky.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
See our U19s managed to fluke their way to the European semis thanks to two late goals: an injury time equaliser versus Johnny Frenchy and Austria converting an 87th minute pen to beat the Dutch. :happy:

Probably get our arses handed to us by Spain tho but.