View Poll Results: How do you rate Thierry Henry ?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • One of the best ever to play in English Premier League

29 80.56%
  • Good player but not great

4 11.11%
  • Average but definitely overrated

1 2.78%
  • Massively overrated (Piscine option)

2 5.56%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you rate Thierry Henry aka Chief Poseur as he is known in Durham ?

International Debutant Salamuddin's Avatar

How do you rate Thierry Henry aka Chief Poseur as he is known in Durham ?

Henry is one of the best Premiership players I have ever seen.
    Zinedine Zidane is the greatest footballer ever !

Richard Dickinson - you little beauty !!!!

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Matteh's Avatar
    Boredmeeting Champion!
    Out of the out and out Strikers to have played in the Premiership (ie not Cantona) he's up there with Shearer, Ferdinand, Fowler, Nistelrooy etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    3. Although Cow Tipping is a hilarious student game in backwater towns such as Bangor, there really is no need for Mitchell to cover one side of the cow in superglue

Cricket Web Content Updater roseboy64's Avatar
    I went with good but not great. Very good player but not up there with the likes of Shearer or Zidane.
    Sir Alexander Chapman Ferguson = Greatest Ever Manager
    "One from ten leaves zero." - Eric Williams, former T&T PM
    Member of Cricket Web Green
    Member of Northside Power

R.I.P Fardin Qayyumi

Henry is one of the best Premiership players I have ever seen.
    Henry is the best Premiership player I've ever seen.

In fact he's getting so underrated these days it's almost scary. The best player in the world when he's at his best, and no player means as much to a team as Henry does to Arsenal. Take Ronaldinho out of Barcelona and it hurts them, but they can still win. But take Henry away from Arsenal and they're hurt far worse.

Henry is the classiest finisher I've ever seen as well. Nobody has as much pace or class.

Personally I might go as far to say he's been the best player in the world since 2001, of course he was recently injured but not including that, yeah he's been the best.

Yeah and I'm a United fan... so obviously there's no bias. It feels like a statement of fact - Henry = the best player in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Francis View Post
    Henry is the best Premiership player I've ever seen.

In fact he's getting so underrated these days it's almost scary. The best player in the world when he's at his best, and no player means as much to a team as Henry does to Arsenal. Take Ronaldinho out of Barcelona and it hurts them, but they can still win. But take Henry away from Arsenal and they're hurt far worse.

Henry is the classiest finisher I've ever seen as well. Nobody has as much pace or class.

Personally I might go as far to say he's been the best player in the world since 2001, of course he was recently injured but not including that, yeah he's been the best.

Yeah and I'm a United fan... so obviously there's no bias. It feels like a statement of fact - Henry = the best player in the world.

What a pile of utter tripe. Never since chief poseur moved to the CDMs could you call him underrated. He only actually turns up against rubbish teams and is just an average player in a good team v CDMs or most international sides v France - you'd not notice him but for the hype. A sure sign he's just a good top flight club player and average interational player. If you actually bothered to look you'll notice the CDMs did just as well without chief poseur as they did with him in the recent spell he was out. Chief poseur is a poor finisher, he looks better because he usually gets a shot on target but a large percentage of these are weak efforts that the keeper should save comfortably. Look at the Champions League final where he was less than 12 yards out in the centre of goal and contrived to hit the keeper or the chance later on when he was partially one on one (there was a defender just behind so that meant he had to hit a shot but he was in the box and the keeper had come out) and again hit a weak effort to the keeper. Virtually every time he comes up against decent opposition he fails to shine (if you give enough opportunities even someone like Phil Neville could look good eventually).

The only think chief poseur has that's anything special is his pace, once he loses that he's finished as an international and he'll be an average club player instead. I suggest you look up what a 'fact' actually means before you put forward your ill-found opinion as a statement of fact.
    National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:

MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

As a player he earns kudos for being the guy that terrified defenders the most over a period of years. Obviously its not just his pace but his ability to find space and finish.

On his day he was unstoppable.

2nd behind Shearer in Prem history IMO and just ahead of Fowler, Cole, Ferdinand, Van N etc
    If I only just posted the above post, please wait 5 mins before replying as there is bound to be edits

West Robham Rabid Wolves Caedere lemma quod eat lemma

Happy Birthday! (easier than using Birthday threads)

Email and MSN- Goughy at cricketmail dot net

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaly piscine View Post
    a pile of utter tripe.
    He neatly summarises his post for us in the first sentence.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Chief poseur poor in the first half against Manure, has a great chance with a header, weak effort to the keeper as per usual. Dangerous position and he dives (doesn't get booked as always with divers). Later on wastes a free kick and the rebound.

Result on the "You Rate The Players" on the BBC website?

Chief poseur 8.09
    Fabregas 7.43
    Rosicky 6.98
    Lehmann 6.53
    and so on.

It's all hype and a complete lack of the average peasant being able to perceive the game properly.

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Chief poseur poor in the first half against Manure, has a great chance with a header, weak effort to the keeper as per usual. Dangerous position and he dives (doesn't get booked as always with divers). Later on wastes a free kick and the rebound.

Result on the "You Rate The Players" on the BBC website?

Chief poseur 8.09
    Fabregas 7.43
    Rosicky 6.98
    Lehmann 6.53
    and so on.

It's all hype and a complete lack of the average peasant being able to perceive the game properly.
    Did you actually see his "dive", might I ask? Neville clearly took his legs away.

As for wasting the free kick; the wall did its job & then he made Van der Saar make a sharp save.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"as much a news event as an actual footballer, a worthy stop-start centre forward, but an all-time hyper-galactico when it comes to doing funny things with cars and hats, a player whose signing proves once again that the Premier League is still undoubtedly the best in the world when it comes to doing things with cars and hats."
    - Barney Ronay on Mario Balotelli

"The wall did its job"

ie chief poseur hit the ball into it, bravo. Sharp save... right...
    So that's a "no" then?

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Matteh's Avatar
    Boredmeeting Champion!
    Scaly, go be an angry man somewhere else and I suggest you look up what a 'fact' actually means before you put forward your ill-found opinion as a statement of fact.

Only scores against crap teams when it doesn't matter tho.

Icon14

@ Scaly

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information