• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How do you rate Thierry Henry aka Chief Poseur as he is known in Durham ?

How do you rate Thierry Henry ?

• Total voters

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Out of the out and out Strikers to have played in the Premiership (ie not Cantona) he's up there with Shearer, Ferdinand, Fowler, Nistelrooy etc.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
I went with good but not great. Very good player but not up there with the likes of Shearer or Zidane.

Francis

State Vice-Captain
Henry is one of the best Premiership players I have ever seen.
Henry is the best Premiership player I've ever seen.

In fact he's getting so underrated these days it's almost scary. The best player in the world when he's at his best, and no player means as much to a team as Henry does to Arsenal. Take Ronaldinho out of Barcelona and it hurts them, but they can still win. But take Henry away from Arsenal and they're hurt far worse.

Henry is the classiest finisher I've ever seen as well. Nobody has as much pace or class.

Personally I might go as far to say he's been the best player in the world since 2001, of course he was recently injured but not including that, yeah he's been the best.

Yeah and I'm a United fan... so obviously there's no bias. It feels like a statement of fact - Henry = the best player in the world.

Scaly piscine

Henry is the best Premiership player I've ever seen.

In fact he's getting so underrated these days it's almost scary. The best player in the world when he's at his best, and no player means as much to a team as Henry does to Arsenal. Take Ronaldinho out of Barcelona and it hurts them, but they can still win. But take Henry away from Arsenal and they're hurt far worse.

Henry is the classiest finisher I've ever seen as well. Nobody has as much pace or class.

Personally I might go as far to say he's been the best player in the world since 2001, of course he was recently injured but not including that, yeah he's been the best.

Yeah and I'm a United fan... so obviously there's no bias. It feels like a statement of fact - Henry = the best player in the world.

What a pile of utter tripe. Never since chief poseur moved to the CDMs could you call him underrated. He only actually turns up against rubbish teams and is just an average player in a good team v CDMs or most international sides v France - you'd not notice him but for the hype. A sure sign he's just a good top flight club player and average interational player. If you actually bothered to look you'll notice the CDMs did just as well without chief poseur as they did with him in the recent spell he was out. Chief poseur is a poor finisher, he looks better because he usually gets a shot on target but a large percentage of these are weak efforts that the keeper should save comfortably. Look at the Champions League final where he was less than 12 yards out in the centre of goal and contrived to hit the keeper or the chance later on when he was partially one on one (there was a defender just behind so that meant he had to hit a shot but he was in the box and the keeper had come out) and again hit a weak effort to the keeper. Virtually every time he comes up against decent opposition he fails to shine (if you give enough opportunities even someone like Phil Neville could look good eventually).

The only think chief poseur has that's anything special is his pace, once he loses that he's finished as an international and he'll be an average club player instead. I suggest you look up what a 'fact' actually means before you put forward your ill-found opinion as a statement of fact.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
As a player he earns kudos for being the guy that terrified defenders the most over a period of years. Obviously its not just his pace but his ability to find space and finish.

On his day he was unstoppable.

2nd behind Shearer in Prem history IMO and just ahead of Fowler, Cole, Ferdinand, Van N etc

Scaly piscine

Chief poseur poor in the first half against Manure, has a great chance with a header, weak effort to the keeper as per usual. Dangerous position and he dives (doesn't get booked as always with divers). Later on wastes a free kick and the rebound.

Result on the "You Rate The Players" on the BBC website?

Chief poseur 8.09
Fabregas 7.43
Rosicky 6.98
Lehmann 6.53
and so on.

It's all hype and a complete lack of the average peasant being able to perceive the game properly.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Chief poseur poor in the first half against Manure, has a great chance with a header, weak effort to the keeper as per usual. Dangerous position and he dives (doesn't get booked as always with divers). Later on wastes a free kick and the rebound.

Result on the "You Rate The Players" on the BBC website?

Chief poseur 8.09
Fabregas 7.43
Rosicky 6.98
Lehmann 6.53
and so on.

It's all hype and a complete lack of the average peasant being able to perceive the game properly.
Did you actually see his "dive", might I ask? Neville clearly took his legs away.

As for wasting the free kick; the wall did its job & then he made Van der Saar make a sharp save.

Matteh

Scaly, go be an angry man somewhere else and I suggest you look up what a 'fact' actually means before you put forward your ill-found opinion as a statement of fact.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
If I kept getting chances I'd score eventually, what was his overall record against teams that matter again? Oh that's right, crap + 1/500.
You seem to base a massive amount of your arguments on this. Fact is there aren't many scoring opportunities that emerge in Premiership games that the average nobody could score. Even less of them are opportunities that fall to Henry, seeing as he spends most of his time outside the box.

But you wouldn't let the facts get in the way of a good rant, would you? 8-)

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Scaly,

How about you see if you can spell out "get laid" with your Scrabble tiles?

I think it would make the atmosphere around here a hell of a lot more pleasant.

Last edited:

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Slighty past his best now, but still a threat (see today's game).

My best memories of him will be that night in Milan when he single-handedly destroyed Internazionale. I've never seen pace like that before, or since.

The Baconator

International Vice-Captain
Don't really want to vote, I'm kinda somewhere in between the top two options. Henry's a gun, even if he is French, but I do think he's a little overrated by some.