• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2010-11

Furball

Evil Scotsman
It's classic Arse v Chavs; so much possession, no end product and then Drogba.

Sigh.
Had SSN on at work; anchor's words were "against the run of play, Drogba has given Chelsea the lead."

I make that about 17,000 times that's happened in the last few seasons.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
A post on RAWK:

To sum up Hodgson to date

- Cost 6 million to bring in
- Spent 9 million on two 30 year old reseves
- Sent a £20 million player on loan to Juventus
- Sent the LB out on loan after saying he liked him
- Played 442 with no wingers since the start of the season
- has a record of Won 1 Drawn 3 Lost 3, or 6/18
- Got knocked out the Carling cup by a relegation threatened League 2 side
- Has Liverpool in the relegation zone for the first time in 26 years.

Can I just ask is it officially ok by the mods if I start calling for his resignation now?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
There's some grim irony in having the supporters' faith in Benitez vindicated in the cruellest way possible. Team's visibly regressing before our eyes.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
There's some grim irony in having the supporters' faith in Benitez vindicated in the cruellest way possible. Team's visibly regressing before our eyes.
Well the team was mid-table ****e last season with Torres injured. Mascherano has since left whilst Gerrard and Carragher continue to get worse.

They're basically a win worse off than they should be. Still it's funny to see how 'loyal' the numpty fans were with the goateed ****wit, in comparison to how 'patient' they've being with Hodgson.

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Well the team was mid-table ****e last season with Torres injured. Mascherano has since left whilst Gerrard and Carragher continue to get worse.

They're basically a win worse off than they should be. Nothing more.
7th weren't they? But don't let the facts spoil an argument. Gerrard's pretty much a one man team just now as well.

I give Hodgson until the new owners arrive.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Torres was injured most of last year and Gerrard was actually playing mostly injured/definitely not in top shape last year (he is actually better this year). I'm not sure how often we even had our proper XI on the pitch last year and for the first third of the season we had a make-shift defence almost every game. Yet no one gave a ****. Even that turd of a season is better than this one. This is the worst start to a season for Liverpool for some 50 odd years.

Hodgson's just out of his depth. He's shifting and changing the squad and with little logic behind it. To quote a Guardian match round-up:

"Liverpool finished the game with Gerrard at centre-back, Raul Meireles at left back and with Kyrgaikos up front."

We're getting bossed by relegation favourites at home. It's safe to say even those that backed him are hoping he just does the right thing and resigns. If we were getting these results yet improving performance wise, that would be something. But the more Roy puts his mark on this team the ****tier it becomes.

Benitez overachieved. Anyone who followed the club closely would realised this.

What more he "got" the fans and defended the club to his own detriment. He's hinted he may return and indeed has a desire to. It's starting to come out (rumours) now that Carra and Gerrard had a definite hand in pushing him out.

Right now, Liverpool fans would carry him from Milan to Liverpool on their backs.

Last edited:

fredfertang

I'm not in the habit of having a go at teams in the Premiership but I've always quite liked Liverpool - why on earth didn't they appoint Dalglish when they had the chance?

Still it adds a bit more lustre to Ollie's reputation I suppose - I had a tenner with an old mate on them "beating" Derby's all time record for ****eness - didn't expect to be paying up much before Easter

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
I told all my mates to bet against Liverpool this week. They all laughed and thought I was being dramatic. I was dead serious.

Scaly piscine

Difference between mid-table and 7th is a few extra wins gained when Torres played.

Torres has been completely shot since the end of last season thanks to goateed muppet.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Relegation would be the end for Liverpool with that debt, wouldn't it? They'd be down with Bradford, Torquay and Stevenage in a season or two...

Jarquis

I told all my mates to bet against Liverpool this week. They all laughed and thought I was being dramatic. I was dead serious.
I did as well, and to quote a Facebook comment" i'm not out for ages, need to fund my new Predators & iPod. Blackpool at the Kop have just funded the Preds though ta Lpool for being ****"

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Roy Hodgson is making Benitez look like a hybrid of Rinus Michels and Arrigo Sacchi right now. He looks completely out of his depth at Liverpool.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Relegation would be the end for Liverpool with that debt, wouldn't it? They'd be down with Bradford, Torquay and Stevenage in a season or two...
I think they would just default and the bank would sell the club to someone else for nothing.

Hopefully that doesn't happen for a while yet though. Long live the decline.