• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2010-11

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
He's playing half the team out of position and has changed the team's tactics from a pressing game, to a holding one. How can you not judge him on it?

Cole on the left, Meireles on the right, Kuyt behind the forward, etc. The same was said about the Northampton game, yet again; players out of position and no subs or tactical changes until the 90th minute. He's utterly clueless.

Even at our worst last year, we weren't regularly getting bossed in possession. It just didn't happen. I think Roy has now had the worst start to a season for a Liverpool manager in 50 years.

Last edited:

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Woy should do the right thing and just go.
Farcical

Great players succeed in spite of crap management

Gerrard, Torres, and their hangers on etc are simply not that good and any attempt to deflect the blame is simply nonsense

If Shane Warne were a footballer and "Woy" were his coach, Liverpool would still be top because any fool can recognise that the objective is to score more goals than the opposition

The 'pool should've punted Stevie 2 years ago

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
So now Torres and Gerrard are ****...christ. If it wasn't for these 2 we'd have no goals. Gerrard has 3 in the last 2 matches and Torres has 4 assists in the last 2 matches.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Farcical

Great players succeed in spite of crap management

Gerrard, Torres, and their hangers on etc are simply not that good and any attempt to deflect the blame is simply nonsense

If Shane Warne were a footballer and "Woy" were his coach, Liverpool would still be top because any fool can recognise that the objective is to score more goals than the opposition

The 'pool should've punted Stevie 2 years ago
There's no "I" in team etc... etc...

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Think Hodgson should perhaps be given more time but I can't agree that he should bear no responsibility for the sort of results Liverpool are getting.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
I think every Liverpool fan is asking that question. Why wasn't he played behind Torres? Why was Meireles, a CM - who has always played as a CM - now suddenly played wide on the right? Why wasn't Kuyt on the right, instead of behind Torres? Poulsen makes Lucas look like Xavi.

I'm certainly not one of the people who was happy with Roy coming but reading around even those that were are starting to apologise. Just what in the hell has happened?

It's not too late to turn it around, and who knows...a run of results might change the complexion completely but as it is...we suck, bad. It's early days, and my comment was in jest...but I fear for Roy if we don't beat Blackpool. **** will hit the fan.

Think Hodgson should perhaps be given more time but I can't agree that he should bear no responsibility for the sort of results Liverpool are getting.
Exactly. If he is exempt from criticism, then he should as well be for praise.

Last edited:

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Anyway, I didn't see the Arsenal game. WBA from what I've seen actually play some tidy football. Was it that or did Almunia just have a bad day again?

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
WBA played very well at Anfield, dominated possession and bossed Liverpool around. I didn't watch today's match either but apparently they played very well and deserved their win. Could be this season's Birmingham.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
They have this very good holding midfielder, I forget his name but it could be Mulumbu. Against us he looked like he had oodles of time and picked the right pass almost without fail. Roberto di Matteo has done really well.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So now Torres and Gerrard are ****...christ. If it wasn't for these 2 we'd have no goals. Gerrard has 3 in the last 2 matches and Torres has 4 assists in the last 2 matches.
Did you actually watch your team last year and this - your captain has been embarrassingly bad and he carried his form into the WC

Torres was the same and, injuries or not, he is no closer to being "the best striker in the world" than I am!

It's about time that SOS and the Liverpool supporters get their head out of their arse and stick the boot up underperforming/overpaid players

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Did you just watch the match? Gerrard was MOTM. Gerrard has scored 4 goals in 7 games this year. How has he been the problem? Torres has been injured sure, but scored 22 goals in 32 games last year. He could have scored again today but he selflessly gave the ball to Kuyt to make it 3 assists now in the last 2 matches. Based on what logic are these two the problem?

Last edited:

Woodster

International Captain
Just going to have a bit of a boast about the City result today. While the game may not have appeared enthralling to the neutral, due to the lack of goalmouth action, thought it was still an absorbing battle. Chelsea were coming, rightly, as the team to beat, they are the Champs, and probably will be again, while we knew we had to up our game from recent weeks and rise to the challenge, and so we did.

Kompany and Toure continue to be outstanding at the heart of our defence this season, while De Jong ensures there's not too much for them to do. Hart had relatively nothing to do today, and Tevez took his half chance exceptionally well. A great day indeed!