• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2010-11

cpr

International Coach
Great day indeed, did us a favour in pegging them back, might even help your lot clinch 4th at the end of the season :p

Woodster

International Captain
Great day indeed, did us a favour in pegging them back, might even help your lot clinch 4th at the end of the season :p
Too right, it's pretty clear we're not true title contenders, so 4th would be no disaster at all.

Have you got your location right ? I'm sure it says Manchester ? :)

cpr

International Coach
Too right, it's pretty clear we're not true title contenders, so 4th would be no disaster at all.

Have you got your location right ? I'm sure it says Manchester ? :)

Yeah, its that big City just North of Stockport :p

Gonna have to change that next week to Salford.... feel dirty about it TBH, but needs must.

cpr

International Coach
Right, first of all. Liverpools first goal.

Well done ref. And tough **** Sunderland.

The refs pulled the free kick back. Said kick it from there, and walked off.... So if you kick it from where the ref tells you to, dont plead you were moving the free kick back 5 yards to the keeper (who's 30 yards away). Quite simply they ****ed up the free kick, and liverpool had every right to go on and score. The refs told you to restart play, if you kick the ball, you've restarted play. End of.

Gerrards forearm smash into Welbeck though, totally disgusting.

As for Arsenal, should've had a clean sheet if they tried to defend. The first one was just walked past Sagna.... The second one, for all Almunia's mistake, he shouldn't have faced a shot in the first place, the strikers given days on the edge of the box. The third one Almunia shouldn't have been left to come out to it, a defender should've gone.... all he could do is stay on his feet and hope to close the angle, because if he'd gone down to get the ball it might've been a second pen and second yellow.

Woodster

International Captain
Yeah, its that big City just North of Stockport :p

Gonna have to change that next week to Salford.... feel dirty about it TBH, but needs must.
Ha ha, fair play mate.

Right, first of all. Liverpools first goal.

Well done ref. And tough **** Sunderland.

The refs pulled the free kick back. Said kick it from there, and walked off.... So if you kick it from where the ref tells you to, dont plead you were moving the free kick back 5 yards to the keeper (who's 30 yards away). Quite simply they ****ed up the free kick, and liverpool had every right to go on and score. The refs told you to restart play, if you kick the ball, you've restarted play. End of.
Not sure I agree on this. It was clear enough he was passing the ball back to the keeper, back towards where the ref told him to take it from. Attwell wasn't even looking when the kick was taken, so had no idea what was going on, but didn't have the balls to pull play back. Needed help from the assistants.

cpr

International Coach
Not sure I agree on this. It was clear enough he was passing the ball back to the keeper, back towards where the ref told him to take it from. Attwell wasn't even looking when the kick was taken, so had no idea what was going on, but didn't have the balls to pull play back. Needed help from the assistants.
I dont think it was that clear. He knocked the ball 5 yards at the most, the keeper was 40 yards away.... I'm sure it is what he meant, but unless you saw every second of it (Atwell didn't, he had to get himself into position for the next passage of play), its not that clear. He wasnt knocking it back to where Atwell said take it from, as Atwell had pulled the ball back from the original kick, positioned the ball at his feet and ordered play to restart, so when Atwell turns around and sees the ball is moving and Liverpool on the attack, its not his call to presume Sunderland decided they wanted to take the free-kick from a different position to the one he quite implicitly ordered them to take it from.

Woodster

International Captain
I dont think it was that clear. He knocked the ball 5 yards at the most, the keeper was 40 yards away.... I'm sure it is what he meant, but unless you saw every second of it (Atwell didn't, he had to get himself into position for the next passage of play), its not that clear. He wasnt knocking it back to where Atwell said take it from, as Atwell had pulled the ball back from the original kick, positioned the ball at his feet and ordered play to restart, so when Atwell turns around and sees the ball is moving and Liverpool on the attack, its not his call to presume Sunderland decided they wanted to take the free-kick from a different position to the one he quite implicitly ordered them to take it from.
That's the thing, he knocked it only 5 yards, if he was restarting play surely he would have would have put more into the pass to ensure it reached the keeper. You see it time and again when the free-kick has been given, the defender knocks it back towards the keeper to take the kick, they are not taking the kick themselves. It seems to follow this ref around though.

In theory you're right in that the ref could conceivably believe the free-kick had been taken, but as is lacking with referees nowadays, common sense has gone out of the window, becuase these guys have never kicked a football in their lives.

cpr

International Coach
Well the refs not really seen anything until Torres is one on one, for all he knows Turner could've struck it 10 yards forward at Torres who's broken through. Atwells nipping up field to try and be in position for a normal passage of play. Lino should've really shed a bit more light on it, but really Turner, if he wasnt going to take the free kick, shouldn't have kicked the ball, as thats taking the free kick. Pick it up and throw it back a few yards maybe, or just walk off and let the keeper position the ball as he sees fit (because I bet if the keeper had come up for it, he'd have rolled it forward 5 yards anyway, back to where Atwell put it)

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Rooney is absolutely terrible here. Everyone seems content to brush it off by saying "class is permanent" or "once he bags one the floodgates'll open" but there's something seriously not quite right with the guy at the moment and I don't think it'll be quite so simple.

chalky

International Debutant
Bolton deservedly hold Man Utd to a draw a really good weekend for Man City.

Lol @ Fergie's face at the end of the game looks like a smacked arse.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Draw the best result when those ****s face off

Don't think I've had a good weekend in the tipping comp tbh

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Rooney is absolutely terrible here. Everyone seems content to brush it off by saying "class is permanent" or "once he bags one the floodgates'll open" but there's something seriously not quite right with the guy at the moment and I don't think it'll be quite so simple.
Even when Rooney isn't scoring, he's contributing to the play-making (admittedly not to his usual standards ATM). He opened up Bolton early on with a lovely pass to put Berbatov through, who skied it into the stands.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yes that's the Chief Cheateur effect. If you're playing up front for a good team and you're a focal point for attacks then by default you'll do something because you get so many opportunities.