• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2010-11

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Yes that's the Chief Cheateur effect. If you're playing up front for a good team and you're a focal point for attacks then by default you'll do something because you get so many opportunities.
Correct, Henry made a career out of being a lazy **** and goal poaching in the penalty box.

Jesus wept.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I had assumed there was - surely they'd never be on if they didn't have to be?
Yeah, I want a new rule, just give them the telly money, but don't bother showing them, everybodys happy.

Still at least they're crap this year, let's hope relegations on the cards, and we can never watch them again.

Last edited:

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
There should be a rule about putting Stoke on the telly.
How these neanderthal hoof-merchants not only manage to stay up but do fairly well in a top league is simply beyond me. Horrible bunch of ****s.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Well the refs not really seen anything until Torres is one on one, for all he knows Turner could've struck it 10 yards forward at Torres who's broken through. Atwells nipping up field to try and be in position for a normal passage of play. Lino should've really shed a bit more light on it, but really Turner, if he wasnt going to take the free kick, shouldn't have kicked the ball, as thats taking the free kick. Pick it up and throw it back a few yards maybe, or just walk off and let the keeper position the ball as he sees fit (because I bet if the keeper had come up for it, he'd have rolled it forward 5 yards anyway, back to where Atwell put it)
Yeah, with this, much as I think Attwell's a goon, that was quite incredibly stupid on Turner's part.

Last edited:

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Really might as well play Szczesny right now. Whether he becomes the next Casillas or Stuart Taylor he's a sight more bearable than Coco and Bobo are.

Disgraceful performance by the team though. Just watched the entire thing for the first time and really couldn't believe how spineless it was, especially after the big win midweek.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Not this **** again. He'll probably get a run of abysmal games and then get dropped only for Senor Panic Attack to return, flatter to deceive for a few games and then **** up again.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Honestly, Wenger seems to have a real blind spot when it comes to keepers. He was jammy enough to inherit a great one and signed one genuinely decent keeper in Mad Jens (who had his moments anyway), but that's an awful strike rate in 14 years.

Remember Rami Shabaan?

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Now that Arsenal is stuck with this bunch of ****e keepers, it seems such a futile exercise reshuffling back and forth as they predictably take chances to **** up. Might as well stick with the lesser evil that is Almunia. I'm not that surprised that Wenger failed to acquire a keeper in the transfer market but if he plays Fabianski again in the CL, I'll be shocked with his decision making. It's what a 6 year old would do.