• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Change your avatar to Phil Hughes to show CW's support

TimAngas

State Vice-Captain
RIP Hughesy
The tragedy has put cricket and sport into perspective. You'll forever remain in the cricketing publics heart.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Guys, your choice is your own, but I've decided to keep my avatar as Hughes for the entirety of this home summer and the WC series in honour of Hughes' too short career.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Stunned. Happy you made this thread red hill. Edit well not happy given the circumstances but at least it has given us a chance to show we care

Last edited:

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
I didn't know I could be this sad at the passing of someone I never knew. RIP Phillip. :(
I feel the same way. Just a really horrible experience.

The death of anyone is always surreal. Even more surreal when that person is young. When that person is associated with something you passionately love and dies in the pageant of the thing you love, well....

I'd like to imagine in cricketing heaven that Hughes has already found Archie Jackson and they're sitting, smiling and discussing what might've been, and also discussing how fickle both batting and life can be. Maybe Trumper sits close by, nodding.

Last edited:

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'd like to imagine in cricketing heaven that Hughes has already found Archie Jackson and they're sitting, smiling and discussing what might've been, and also discussing how fickle both batting and life can be. Maybe Trumper sits close by, nodding.
More likely Collie Smith than Vic

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
I'd like to imagine Hughes lamenting to Don Bradman that he was robbed of a ton while the Don smiles and nods