• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in New Zealand series 2013

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Still, looked like 240-250 was on the cards for a moment there\ although I expect England will have learnt where not to bowl. Broad and Finn will be tougher to hit straight with their bounce. England to win by 35 runs for mine.
Genius that guy :-O

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Anyway, rather straightforward for England. NZ need to find a way through that middle order of Wright, Morgan and Buttler to keep England to gettable scores.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
That might help too. NZ's fielding standards have definitely slipped in last few years but that was a shocking display.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
apart from the shocking fielding display, what I'm most disappointed about is the lack of tenacity our batsmen showed. When you're chasing 215 from 20 overs the time to be aggressive is right from the start.

I know Guptill's innings will be seen as a bright spot, but it was a dreadful innings in the context of the match.

when Taylor came in Guptill was on about 24 from 20...it's just not good enough. If you can hit boundaries you should hit boundaries. Early and often.

He would hit a 6, and then the next ball would be short and wide and he'd run it down to 3rd man for a single. IT'S SHORT AND WIDE FFS, SMACK IT TO THE BOUNDARY.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Must be one of the highest ever t-20 scores without a 50.

Haven't watched it just saw some decent catches, but how did Jos do behind the stumps today?

The thing is he came up through the ranks as a 'keeper, it's not like he's a converted one, just CK keeps him out of the Somerset side. I still think it would be ideal for Somerset and England if Buttler kept, and CK concentrated on scoring big runs in first-class cricket, because I honestly think his best chance for England is a batsman in Tests. He's been churning out the runs in first-class for awhile.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Just watching the highlights.

Couple of thoughts:

1) Bowling Hira in the Power Play with those boundaries was suicide;

2) Ellis's action's a wee bit ploppy, isn't it?

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
yes Ellis is a chucker.

I really want to know who's genius idea it was for McCullum not to open in t20? What's the rationale?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Don't think Jade is one of nature's deep thinkers, tbh. McClenaghan is twice his size and, if the speed gun is anything to go by, at very worst as fast as the jug-earred Italio-Yarp ink enthusiast.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
I really want to know who's genius idea it was for McCullum not to open in t20? What's the rationale?
He has to keep for 20 overs in the field. Nobody should have to spend so much time in the middle with the gloves on, and expect to open the batting. Jeeez!!!

thierry henry

International Coach
So I'm sure this has been asked 1000 times before, but can anyone come up with a reason why Jade Dernbach plays short form cricket for England? His records across domestic and international LO formats suggest he is about the worst short form bowler possible, is that a good reason to select him?

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
At least he could do that to McClenaghan safe in the knowledge that we're not likely to get far enough through the England order for Mitch to get the chance to have any revenge.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So I'm sure this has been asked 1000 times before, but can anyone come up with a reason why Jade Dernbach plays short form cricket for England? His records across domestic and international LO formats suggest he is about the worst short form bowler possible, is that a good reason to select him?

It has been asked a 1000 times, and no there's not been a decent answer once. Variation seems to be the thing, but people seem to not realise after a few matches his variations become obvious to any half-decent player.

Some people may mention Emperors New Clothes, I won't because I fear Jade will start playing in the nude, as he clearly loves himself so much.