• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in New Zealand series 2013

stumpski

International Captain
Been watching in bed - can't beat a Saturday morning lie-in. :)

Would be disappinting to lose from here, tbh.

stumpski

International Captain
Luke Wright for MotM? Really set the tone for the England innings.

Buttler preferred to Bairstow for the gloves, just realised.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Probably MotM for Wright. Needed to cover for the spinners here and filled in very competently. This after 42 (20)

Days of Grace

International Captain
This is just so ****. Tour is already a write-off for me. Blaming McCullum for this mess. Totally brainless electing to bat first and then a rash shot, spooning an easy catch to Morgan in the deep.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Luke Wright for MotM? Really set the tone for the England innings.

Buttler preferred to Bairstow for the gloves, just realised.
I expect that's because they are running with him in ODIs now, and want to get him into more of a "regular" keeper.

Bit of a shame he won't keep wicket much for his county

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Ellis is really not a particularly good hitter is he. NZ have fielded many of his 'type' of limited overs player over the years but most of them can really crank it up and slog at an SR of 200 if it's their day. Ellis looks like he'll struggle to regularly score at 130.

And besides that, he just doesn't look particularly coordinated with bat in hand.

Mike5181

International Captain
Ellis wouldn't be far off the worst player I've seen play for us. He's just terrible at everything he does.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
This is just so ****. Tour is already a write-off for me. Blaming McCullum for this mess. Totally brainless electing to bat first and then a rash shot, spooning an easy catch to Morgan in the deep.
:laugh: nothing like a good premature over-the-top rant!

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
This is weird. Geoff Boycott talkingly lovingly about doofus drivers with baseball caps back to front cruising up and down the main drag in Hamiltron.................

stumpski

International Captain
I expect that's because they are running with him in ODIs now, and want to get him into more of a "regular" keeper.

Bit of a shame he won't keep wicket much for his county
Bairstow will be in the ODI side as well though, surely? I reckon he'll take over for those. Having a part-timer do it for 50 overs could prove a liability.

England will lean on Somerset to give Buttler a few more games as keeper, I reckon.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Bairstow will be in the ODI side as well though, surely? I reckon he'll take over for those. Having a part-timer do it for 50 overs could prove a liability.

England will lean on Somerset to give Buttler a few more games as keeper, I reckon.
I think they'll go with Root in ODIs.

vandem

International 12th Man
Stuart Broad continues his great start to the tour:

vs NZ XI
1.1-0-9-0
4-1-22-3
4-0-24-3

T20s
4-0-24-4

stumpski

International Captain
Always funny seeing the required RR shoot up in the last over - now standing at 102.

282 now. Dernbach getting carried away there.

Last edited:

Howe_zat

Audio File
Dernbach trying to bully McClenaghan is so dire. He's a #11 ffs

Edit: Not to mention him conceding 15 ****ing runs

Last edited: