Cricket Player Manager
Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Ajmal claims special concession to 15 degree rule allowed by ICC

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wellAlbidarned View Post
    I'm not sure how many times it has to be explained: HE'S NOT ****ING THROWING.
    Quote Originally Posted by uvelocity View Post
    as per the current rules. I think people are entitled to have different views about the quality or effect of the rules, as opposed to whether or not whether Ajmal operates within them.
    So? Ajmal is supposed to be follwing the rules of 1871?

Why not return to underarm bowling?
    Last edited by smalishah84; 09-02-2012 at 09:38 AM.
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by four_or_six View Post
    Haven't really noticed the media saying much either... maybe somewhere low visibility, but pretty much all the sports news is football right now. Apparently there's some kind of controversy going on.
    Yeah, most think Parry should step aside but some think we should give the Physio a chance. If Barnes wasn't a recent memory I don't think there'd be controversy, I think everyone would want him gone.

Wait what
    Phillip Hughes 1988-2014

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    Yeah, most think Parry should step aside but some think we should give the Physio a chance. If Barnes wasn't a recent memory I don't think there'd be controversy, I think everyone would want him gone.

Wait what

Hall of Fame Member honestbharani's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by uvelocity View Post
    really getting sick of your trolling attitude tbh, but from memory someone (may have been you) mentioned what was written in the law, which was incorrect, and I posted the link to show. cbf looking it all up.
    I am not sure if that is what the law is, all you posted was a link to a website, which may or may not have been the updated one. The point is, ICC says bowling with a bent arm is, was and always has been legal... You just cbf'd accepting facts, I guess.
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.

Check out this awesome e-fed:

PWE Efed

U19 Debutant
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacknife View Post
    And how haven't the England fans been gracious in defeat, or as you put it accept there beating like real men. All the regular English posters on here haven't been anything but imo and readily point to the teams inept batting performance as the reason we lost.
    As far as the media, who gives a **** what they think, they don't represent me in any way shape or form, you should know this living in the UK.
    you are quite right. i meant to say SOME english fans/members of the media. On the whole, I agree English fans have been good.
    All Time Test XI:

Openers: S.Gavaskar V.Sehwag Middle Order: V.Richards S.Tendulkar B.Lara All Rounders: G.Sobers I Khan (C) WK: A.Gilchrist Bowlers: W.Akram M.Marshall M.Muralitharan

All Time ODI XI:

WK: A.Gilchrist S.Tendulkar V.Richards R. Ponting M. Dhoni M. Bevan Allrounder: K.Dev Bowlers: W.Akram J. Garner M.Muralitharan G. McGrath

Lol what?

They could have won it 2-1.

Apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Shri View Post
    Lol what?

They could have won it 2-1.

Apparently.
    Could a, would a, should a, still it's not unusual for the losing teams fans to look back at stages of the game, where if things had gone a bit different or played a little better the outcome would have been different, so why make out English fans are the first to do it, in fact it happens nearly after ever series doesn't it.

International Coach Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    Sigh, we could have won 4-0 in England if it hadn't been for this and that.
    Last edited by Agent Nationaux; 09-02-2012 at 03:22 PM.

Hall of Fame Member honestbharani's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacknife View Post
    Could a, would a, should a, still it's not unusual for the losing teams fans to look back at stages of the game, where if things had gone a bit different or played a little better the outcome would have been different, so why make out English fans are the first to do it, in fact it happens nearly after ever series doesn't it.
    not often when you have been whitewashed though. And it is one thing to say it in some kind of despair, quite another when you state it as a fact, which is what some English fans here have done.

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    India could have won 8-0 in the last eight Test matches if only one more batsman had scored more runs IMO.

Like 500 more per game. But it's possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Quote Originally Posted by honestbharani View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I just love all kinds of balls.

can't understand where this 2-1 figure comes up. Pakistan dominated the first test and dominated the 3rd 2nd innings onwards which is like 75% of the match at best they could have won the 2nd but usually when you choke I don't count that as unlucky. At very best England could have lost 2-1 but I still feel 3-0 is a just scoreline.

Don't think anyone's arguing otherwise tbf.
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

forever 63*

Regardless of whether he is straightening his arm more than 15 degrees or not, the evidence is that you would be going out and hunting for kids with bent arms if you were in charge of developing cricketers for a country. There seems to be a natural advantage there too big to ignore.

Not that I am suggesting going out and breaking kid's arms, mind you.
    Last edited by Debris; 10-02-2012 at 01:20 AM.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Furball's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    India could have won 8-0 in the last eight Test matches if only one more batsman had scored more runs IMO.

Like 500 more per game. But it's possible.
    Stupid comment.

Look, England deservedly lost 3-0 because the Pakistani bowlers owned our batsmen throughout the series. However, in the 2nd Test, England had a 4th innings target of 145. In the 3rd Test, we bowled out Pakistan for 99 on the first day. Those are scenarios where you'd expect teams to win on the vast majority of occasions - I can't figure out how to fiddle with statsguru to get some numbers regarding how often a team successfully chases down a total of <150, but Pakistan being the first team in 105 years to win a Test after failing to make 100 in the first innings of a Test match tells you all you need to know about whether England should have won the 3rd Test.

That is a million miles away from your 'if only India's batsmen could have collectively scored 500 more runs in each test' scenario, in which you've also conveniently forgotten how hopeless India's bowling was in 7 out of the 8 Tests in question.
    ​63*

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread Information