• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Greatest Cricketer Ever

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
You also don't want to be overly dismissive of new posters and make them feel small.

CW can be a difficult place for a new poster, with all the in-jokes, acronyms and there's a large amount of group think that occurs here, which leads to the dismissing of the opinions of new posters that don't fit the mould.
Yeah it's pathetic.

I strongly disagree with those that say Sachin is better than Bradman, but when analysts and other commentators are saying it, closing threads of people who say it is ridiculous.
Agreed.

This whole thing where Bradman can't be compared is a bit ludicrous really.
Though there are so many analyst and ex cricketers who have compared players with him and even said they are better.
I agree he is the best and that people here more than anywhere won't agree with anything else ,but i don't see their being such a big difference or pedestal as many put him on here as few on here argued previously too.

You may not agree with the opinion but to make fun of it and not wanting it discussed is almost like restrictive and pathetic.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Agreed.

Though there are so many analyst and ex cricketers who have compared players with him and even said they are better.
I agree he is the best and that people here more than anywhere won't agree with anything else ,but i don't see their being such a big difference or pedestal as many put him on here as few on here argued previously too.

You may not agree with the opinion but to make fun of it and not wanting it discussed is almost like restrictive and pathetic.
Good post. But do you think maybe coming into a cricket forum and making this thread is close to trolling? Depends on your view on Bradman I guess.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Agreed.

I'm sorry but when you come onto a cricket forum and instantly create a thread claiming Tendulkar to be the greatest cricketer ever the ridicule dished out here is well deserved.

The thing is, there is a massive difference between Bradman and anyone else, and he is on a pedestal because he deserves to be there.

Last edited:

Teja.

Global Moderator
If a new member joins a football forum and opens a thread about Peter Crouch being a better footballer than Pele, He would be most certainly be ridiculed. This is a similar scenario. Only, The gap between the players is bigger.

smash84

The Tiger King
If a new member joins a football forum and opens a thread about Peter Crouch being a better footballer than Pele, He would be most certainly be ridiculed. This is a similar scenario. Only, The gap between the players is bigger.
well said

interestingly (a little off topic) I wanted to ask you this question knowing that Sreesanth and Waqar are two of your favorite crickters. Who is more of a favorite between the two???? The two also have a bit of a similarity in looks.

looks like.... its very tough for me to make even a single friend here.. you guys are putting strong statements and not ready to argue

for asking or saying my opnion , is i need to wait for years?

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
No it is not.

And Messi being better than everybody inhistory are commonplace in football forums.

the thinking the gap is bigger is ridiculous for me.

yes there is a gap,but it still can be discussed.

And he made a reasoned post not just saying because i say so.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
looks like.... its very tough for me to make even a single friend here.. you guys are putting strong statements and not ready to argue
I do think you've been unfairly treated.

I still think you are ridiculously wrong to say Sachin is/was better than Bradman, and I am a massive Sachin fan. I'm staying up at 1:18am right not, despite having to be up for work at 7am, to watch Sachin bat in SA for the last time.

Thing... Everyone has their opnion.. i play cricket professional. Before writing ... i have down as much back work i can because this is a controversial topic.

I stated the reason perfectly why i think sachin is better. Sachin proved versatile by being successful in both ODI and Test. Sachin played against great bowling attack of his generation ( he had scored 100 against WI). Due to the technology , every team worked out 100 plans for sachin series after series but still sachin tackled everything by changing his game every now and them.

Above all ... the pressure.. 1 billion pressure

what more you need to justify? If sehwag plays against PAK in home and away ... he will easily have 100 average ( currently 92 i think) , isn't he?

smash84

The Tiger King
Thing... Everyone has their opnion.. i play cricket professional. Before writing ... i have down as much back work i can because this is a controversial topic.

I stated the reason perfectly why i think sachin is better. Sachin proved versatile by being successful in both ODI and Test. Sachin played against great bowling attack of his generation ( he had scored 100 against WI). Due to the technology , every team worked out 100 plans for sachin series after series but still sachin tackled everything by changing his game every now and them.

Above all ... the pressure.. 1 billion pressure

what more you need to justify? If sehwag plays against PAK in home and away ... he will easily have 100 average ( currently 92 i think) , isn't he?
i think bagapath gave you a very good list of reasons didn't he?? And he had almost convinced you right????

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
I think SJS once connected the dots between great batsman from Bradman on, with overlapping careers. The game tends to change over long careers, and the great players change with it. If Hammond, Compton, Sobers, etc. couldn't get near Bradman's average, then I'm not really sure why that means that more recent players could be actively compared to him. I'm sure that cricket was different in 1930 to 1948, but a fading Bradman was still a genius at the end of it.

Well, except for his last innings, but you get what I mean.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Has Bradman's average been posthumously revised by forty runs? Can think of no other reason why a thread with this title would be seven pages long.

bagapath

International Captain
Agreed but against whom and kind of attack?

sachin scored against best bowling attacks like Ambrose, Walsh, Holding, Warne, Mcgrath, Wasim , Imran , Waqar and many more..

tell a great bowler name where bradman destroyed him?
i am sorry to say this vishnukumar. but not just here, even in real world it will be a tad difficult for you to convince people that sachin scored runs against holding (who retired two years before tendulkar made his debut). how do you expect people to have a serious debate with you with such blatant screwups? better clean up your act before you put on a sulk.

Ruckus

International Captain
Due to the technology , every team worked out 100 plans for sachin series after series but still sachin tackled everything by changing his game every now and them.
So you are implying Bradman could score so many runs because there was no technology available to analyse his weaknesses etc.? Why couldn't every other player in Bradman's era score so many runs then?

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Graeme onions also had the same opinion tbf,yesterday on Sky.

Ajay Jadeja also said the same when he reached 50 centuries on NDTV.