• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

You know what really grinds my cricketing gears?

ohnoitsyou

International Regular
Just watched Brian Lara's 153 courtesy of Rob, and **** me but as one of Warne's long hops was smashed out of the ground the commentator mentioned something called a maximum. Dear oh dear.

This WI commentator makes Mister Maximum look good.

Last edited:

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
About time they start showing field settings in a small circle in a corner of the screen imo.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
I am sure someone else must have mentioned it but I loathe the concept of "seeing a bowler off" in limited overs cricket. I was talking to someone today about taking what you are given against the best bowler, seeing him off and attacking the others. That is absolute bull****. Not one good argument can be made. ****ed up cricketing idea for morons.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
I am sure someone else must have mentioned it but I loathe the concept of "seeing a bowler off" in limited overs cricket. I was talking to someone today about taking what you are given against the best bowler, seeing him off and attacking the others. That is absolute bull****. Not one good argument can be made. ****ed up cricketing idea for morons.
I'm sure at least one good argument can be made.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
An ODI never goes by without a commentator saying "double the score at 30 overs" for an estimate of the final total. It's always been bollox for a number of reasons, but even more so since the introduction of Power Plays and various other artificial stimuli.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't mind the idea of just seeing off their last over, for example.
Or when it's a small total, or when you've got one spinner in the team bowling on a bunsen or something like that game the Zimbos won against the Aussies

dognutz

U19 12th Man
G'day all - new to site. Just been watching India/Aust and what grinding me is listening to commentators rave on about footwork not being up to scratch especially Clarke's early in his innings. What they don't mention is that footwork is a by product of how quickly you pick up line and length. Once you know where it's going the feet will follow. It's all very well to say Clarke should get further forward but if you haven't got the eye in yet it's easier said than done - go Warner you little legend!!

longranger

U19 Cricketer
Or the Australian commentators managing to mention every 10 minutes that India doesn't use DRS so it's not available. I think we all know that by now

Riggins

International Captain
G'day all - new to site. Just been watching India/Aust and what grinding me is listening to commentators rave on about footwork not being up to scratch especially Clarke's early in his innings. What they don't mention is that footwork is a by product of how quickly you pick up line and length. Once you know where it's going the feet will follow. It's all very well to say Clarke should get further forward but if you haven't got the eye in yet it's easier said than done - go Warner you little legend!!
yeah footwork in general is the most overated thing in cricket.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Hashim Amla scores 150 without moving his front foot an inch as usual. Finally edges one to the slips.

"Ah yes, the feet went nowhere on that one."

Every. ****ing. time. How do these dumbarses get gigs?

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Okay, I'm hugely in favour of the referral thing, it works, we get more people being given out who should be out, and ridiculous out decisions being given not out, it's all rosy.

The odd thing that annoys me about it, is when it's umpire call some commentator saying whatever has happened is a "good decision" umm no if it's umpires call, on video replay it's going to just go with whatever they say, so in fact it is just a "decision", not good on bad, the umpire can not lose, which is why I guess they love the system