• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who has been the Worst Commentator so far?

salman85

International Debutant
Arnold.And Wasim Akram.Wasim does'nt sound energetic.He's always has a hint of lathargy about his commentary,which is one of the reasons why i love someone like Shastri.Also,Wasim's english is limited.It's not poor,he can talk,but it's limited.Plus he makes grammatical errors way to often for my liking.A commentator shouldn't be doing that.

Biased or not,Shastri is always hyper and energetic.I don't even agree with the biased thing here.I've heard him commentate on plenty of India-Pakistan matches,and the man has always done a good job at being neutral.Infact,it may surprise a few,but he was the one who first used the 'Boom Boom Afridi' phrase.

Ramiz Raja pisses me off sometimes with his doomsday predictions of our team the moment we go through a tricky phase in the match.If people call Shastri biased,then Ramiz is on the other end - It's almost as if he's rooting for the other team.He's stopped doing that off late,but everytime he starts it pisses me off.Otherwise,he's a really good commentator.Energetic,Funny,and is well learned.

I even enjoy Gavaskar commentate.I don't think he's as biased as people make him out to be.Arul Laul is biased yes,but not Gavaskar.If we're coming to biased commentators though,then Wessels and Healy take the cake.Thankgod i haven't heard them commentate in the WC so far,so i'm assuming that they aren't anyway.

Mbangwa is great fun.Always sounds cheerful and it's always refreshing to hear him.Bishop is good,Hussain and Atherton are very good.But the best has to be Lloyd.

I think it's safe to say that England has the best commentators.

Last edited:

Himannv

International Coach
Haha Sanga better not commentate after his career. I'm sure he'd be good at it but he has so much more to offer his country.
Hope I never hear about him again once he retires. Knowing the way things work, the bugger will probably get into politics.

0RI0N

State 12th Man
Tony Greig: So that's a maiden over. Only a wide off it. smh
Kalusekara's 1st over in the SL vs NZ match.

Jacknife

International Captain
Botham, can't stand him and he just seems to whinge non stop any time something doesn't go englands way, fair enough to show some bias but others get over it and return to following the game.
Nas and Pommie have been the best. And i always love Tony Greigs commentary.
It's funny you should say that because I think, Botham moans and complains more about England then anyone else, he makes my ears bleed with, his constant whining about attacking fields, slips and line and length.
I think it's Klusner who's voice puts me to sleep, it's so boringly monotone, never heard him before the WC.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Think today Chappelli put in the best sustained piece of commentary gashness so far this world cup.

Was in the sort of mood that suggested he'd finally compared length with Botham and came up wanting.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Think today Chappelli put in the best sustained piece of commentary gashness so far this world cup.

Was in the sort of mood that suggested he'd finally compared length with Botham and came up wanting.
Brumby on fire today, WAG.

angad

U19 12th Man
Rameez Raja - I think he started taking *** change hormones, I hate his voice, plus usage of words like association instead of partnership and his 70s hair style. Something fishy about him. :ph34r:

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Chappelli was pretty dire in what I saw of yesterdays match.

So ****ing precious. "I don't like Afridi standing in the pitch like that" Blah blah blah

Days of Grace

International Captain
Tom Moody.. bottom of the barell.
Found him to be very insightful in general. Not going to be the one calling the fours and sixes, naturally. But seems to know a lot about the current players. His analysis of Taylor's problems at the start of his innings against Pakistan was very good.

Ravi Shastri annoys me a bit, tbh. That breathe he takes after saying yet another clique gets to me.

Isura

U19 Captain
I quite enjoy the English commentators except Botham. Also Boycot is great, has a great voice. The current Australian crop is quite bad, same with the South Africans except Pollock. Basically everyone outside England is generally terrible