• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Worst Commentators

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Was Survior, was always on after Champions league on ITV.
Always been some what divided on Nicholas, was a bit before my time as a player and captain of Hampshire so only have vague memories of him as a player but am naturally well disposed towards him because of the county conections. Yes he can be irritating but as already mentioned will always associate his commentary with exciting cricket, especially a certain series in 2005.

Howsie

International Captain
I hate Danny Morrison so much, I just can't stand his commetry. Ian Healy is also up there.

My Favourite's are David Lloyd, Tony Cozier, Pommy M*******ga(Can't spell his name) and Iain Bishop.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
TBF, he doesn't exactly have much choice does he? I love the guy to bits as much as the next man, but he truly was an awful bowler by Test standards.
He's got a better Test record than mark Nicholas who's never knowingly self-depracated...

grant28

School Boy/Girl Captain
Let me get the ball rolling with these:

1. Mark Nicholas - laminated in a veneer of self-regard
2. Ian Botham - self-important, blokeish, ignorant, pompous
3. David Gower - unspeakably dull'; oddly, says "garn" instead of "gone"
4. Bob Willis - wrist-slashingly miserable.
5. David 'Bumble' Lloyd - professional Northerner. Imbecile.

Dreadful though numbers 2-5 are, there is clear blue water between Nicholas and the rest. Words can hardly describe how bad Nicholas is. His love for muscly Australians is legendary. He and they are welcome to each other.
I dont really hate any cricket commentators, but Mark Nicholas, Sir Beefy and Bumble are some of my favourites! and lol to the "garn" of Gower, I know what you mean. But I dont hate him for it!

King Pietersen

International Captain
I hate Gower when he's doing an interview. He never shuts the **** up when the interviewee is answering his questions. Constantly going "hmm" every 5 seconds.

As for the hate for Mark Nicholas, I don't agree, I love his commentary. I love his enthusiasm and he's come out with some of the best lines I've ever heard in cricket commentary. One that comes to mind:

"Oh! Stephen Harmison, with a slower ball, one of the great balls! Given the moment, given the batsman and given the match, that is a staggering gamble that's paid off for Harmison. he bowled that perfectly"

Legend.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Legend of his own underpants, more like. An absolutely gushing ****wit who doesn't so much love the game but the tight buttocks of Michael Clarke.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
"Oh! Stephen Harmison, with a slower ball, one of the great balls! Given the moment, given the batsman and given the match, that is a staggering gamble that's paid off for Harmison. he bowled that perfectly"

Legend.
Everything that I can't stand about Mark Nicholas is summed up in that vile piece of commentary. I feel almost physically sickened by it.

So I'm afraid we're going to have to agree to disagree pretty comprehensively on this one mate.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I hate Gower when he's doing an interview. He never shuts the **** up when the interviewee is answering his questions. Constantly going "hmm" every 5 seconds.

As for the hate for Mark Nicholas, I don't agree, I love his commentary. I love his enthusiasm and he's come out with some of the best lines I've ever heard in cricket commentary. One that comes to mind:

Legend.
Nah, he's just a big poof. Not a man's man at all. Bet most of the other lads in both the old channel 4 comm team & the C9 team hate his guts

oitoitoi

State Vice-Captain
Mark Nicholas is the anit-christ of commentators. That man has to die. I used to have his face on a bb gun target...

Mark Slater is horribly sycophantic towards the Aussie team and clearly has issues with not being a player any more.

Robin Jackman, that man's a racist piece of **** and a crap commentator to boot.

Not sure if Charles Colville qualifies but they should replace him with Ian Ward who's infinitely better. I mean who the hell is he anyway? He just makes a complete arse of himself at every opportunity. I love it when Hussain bullies the **** out of him.

I used to hate Willis but he's grown on me a lot, when he was paired up with Jeremy Coney he was astonishingly fantastic.

Suprised by all the Gower abuse, he's not that bad, seems a good middle man for the other commentators to spar around and he's a decent summariser.

I love bumble, he's hilarious and when he's angry he becomes a damn good analyst.

Botham can get annoying but every so often he hits the nail on the head.

Sidhu, amusing at first, now just annoying and attention seeking.

Farooq Engineer, hilariously biased.

Ian Harvey, useless, doesn't really make any points, just repeats what you've just seen.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Mark Nicholas is the anit-christ of commentators. That man has to die. I used to have his face on a bb gun target...

Mark Slater is horribly sycophantic towards the Aussie team and clearly has issues with not being a player any more.

Robin Jackman, that man's a racist piece of **** and a crap commentator to boot.

Not sure if Charles Colville qualifies but they should replace him with Ian Ward who's infinitely better. I mean who the hell is he anyway? He just makes a complete arse of himself at every opportunity. I love it when Hussain bullies the **** out of him.

I used to hate Willis but he's grown on me a lot, when he was paired up with Jeremy Coney he was astonishingly fantastic.

Suprised by all the Gower abuse, he's not that bad, seems a good middle man for the other commentators to spar around and he's a decent summariser.

I love bumble, he's hilarious and when he's angry he becomes a damn good analyst.

Botham can get annoying but every so often he hits the nail on the head.

Sidhu, amusing at first, now just annoying and attention seeking.

Farooq Engineer, hilariously biased.

Ian Harvey, useless, doesn't really make any points, just repeats what you've just seen.
Just out of interest, when did Willis & Coney pair-up in the box?