• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World Cup 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpr

International Coach
Wonder if Platini will drop the 4 linesman idea if it would've cost them a World Cup place??

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Bollox.

Heartbreaking stuff.

Honestly, how is there still a debate about video replays being used? There is just too much riding on these calls to leave it to the ref and linos.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Discrace

Should replay the match and Henry should be banned from international football indefinitely. Utter ****ing farce.:@

Craig

World Traveller
Henry's Hand of God that set up the goal for Gallas. In Serie A a season or two ago, Gilardino had a HoG moment and he scored, and copped a five match ban.

Jarquis

****, that is a huge stain on Henry's career. ****ing asshole.
My Dad's livid. Can't blame him tbh, ****ing joke.

Craig

World Traveller
In saying that though, Ireland should of put away all those chances they had. If you don't, it usually comes back to bite you in the arse.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
FFS, I'm feeling sick and cheated and I only watched it at home as a "neutral" - can't even imagine how the Irish boys must feel after that ****ing debacle.

Keane and Duff dead set kicking themselves for not putting the Frogs away when they had the chance too, I'm sure.

Majin

International Debutant
Ireland should of put away all those chances they had. If you don't, it usually comes back to bite you in the arse.
Yeah this is my thought as well. Henry is a disgrace and I've never thought much of him, probably the football player I like the least ever since I've followed the game but at the end of the day he never should have had the chance to do it, Ireland should have killed the game off before then. Dire, but Ireland will still have to blame themselves at the end of the day.

duffer

I still love Titi. Funny how the commentator earlier in the game after a great desperate tackle by Sagna said "You know these guys are going to do everything humanly possible to get to South Africa." Heh. Moral outrage etc etc.

EDIT: Gutted for Arshavin though.

Last edited:

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ha, the English on here are pissed enough. Should have seen all the Irish in the pub I was watching it.

I think that's the hardest defeat to take I've ever witnessed. It's not like a cup final where you can walk away moral victors, or a league match where you're aware that it could all be evened out the following week. There's a massive festival of football going on this summer in South Africa, and because of some horrendous cheating, we're not going to be there.

duffer

Blame the refs for being incompetent. Blame Platini for being stubborn about using video. It wasn't the only instance of cheating in the game.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Given's reaction said it all for mine. :(

I'm not Irish, not even English, so it doesn't mean as much to me as others here, I'm sure. But that was just so hard to watch. Ireland definately should've put them away earlier, but this is still heartwrenching.

duffer

I've seen a lot of Irish blokes around the office etc take the piss out of the English over how bitter they are regarding Maradona. Surprised it isn't being returned tbh.

Jarquis

Hand of Leprechaun imo.

Dire though, what a sham.
Hand of Frog..

Blame the refs for being incompetent. Blame Platini for being stubborn about using video. It wasn't the only instance of cheating in the game.
From what I've heard the Ref genuinely couldn't see it, the linesman is a different matterand then so is Platini.. WAC.

Status
Not open for further replies.