• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who Is The Second Greatest Batsman Ever?

Who Is The Second Greatest Batsman Ever?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Cut out this line of discussion, and get back on topic please.

Jack Hobbs quite clearly the 2nd best batsman of all time.
Can i atleast respond to burgey's nonsense post ,where he states the sequence of events all wrong?

I think it should be deleted atleast as it contains all sort of abuses too?

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Right, back to OT for me for a while, now that the NZ v Aussie tour is over. There seems to be about 5 threads on the front page all the time that is full of the ****tiest debates ever. Can't be bothered with watching internet hardmen battling out their cricketing fantasies through the keyboard.

Surprised at the lack of votes for Vivian Richards.Personally, I think Richards has to be fair bit ahead of all other batsmen in history barring Don Bradman(who's himself light years ahead of V.Richards).

Himannv

International Coach
I think Viv is a fantastic batsman and destructive as hell. He's a major matchwinner and is always up for the challenge. Having said that he isn't much of a run machine per se IMO. In that regard, I find it hard to consider him the second best bat of all time in tests. Perhaps in ODI cricket his value was higher.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Not sure honestly, but like I said before, the issue is accusing Bucknor of bias rather than recognising that he was a poor officiator
indeed that is the issue..
And why the hell is it that you have a problem with that? It is not like Wright or Ganguly came out with statements in the media.. They made their complaints about his perceived bias against their team through the proper channels... Why was it wrong on their part and why is it wrong of me to claim that ICC should have acted on it FAR earlier than they ended up doing?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
No one's denied the victim complex yet. I'd like to hear what people think, and whether it's something that may have held India back.

Just putting it out there.
do you even have any idea of the instances that have happened between Bucknor and India or are you jus being stupid for the sake of it in this thread? If you have not seen the incidents and understood their seriousness, I would politely ask you to butt out of this thread, coz you have no idea what you are talking about in this instance.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
indeed that is the issue..
And why the hell is it that you have a problem with that? It is not like Wright or Ganguly came out with statements in the media.. They made their complaints about his perceived bias against their team through the proper channels... Why was it wrong on their part and why is it wrong of me to claim that ICC should have acted on it FAR earlier than they ended up doing?
I have a problem with accusing Bucknor of bias while its a case of him being a generally poor umpire, against all teams.

Through the proper channels? Just like his emails with Chappelli seemingly.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
do you even have any idea of the instances that have happened between Bucknor and India or are you jus being stupid for the sake of it in this thread? If you have not seen the incidents and understood their seriousness, I would politely ask you to butt out of this thread, coz you have no idea what you are talking about in this instance.
Is that a denial?

Goes back a fair bit further than Bucknor doesn't it? Which is why I'm asking.

Get over it maybe. Move on. Don't bat on to 700 in Sydney 03. Don't lose 8 for in teo sessions on the last day in Sydney last time.

It's not that he. Isn't a poor umpire, but if you focus on **** like this it hides the deficiencies in your own performance. India could have won in Sydney last time if Symonds was given out - but it doesn't hide the fact they were unable to draw the game because of a spineless collapse day 5.

I think this sort of thing can hold teams back, is all I'm saying, and I think India has had it in the past.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Yep, I'd say this thread has run its course.

honestbharani, when you're asked to get back on topic, it doesn't mean "please carry on derailing the thread." There's also no need to insult other posters' intelligence.

Thread Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.