• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who is the best cricketer ?

Ilovecric

U19 Cricketer
List some names and I would like to add a poll later on.

Best in the history of the game. Purely opinion I guess, but feel free to express your opinion.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
WG Grace
Garry Sobers
Don Bradman

Can basically count-out the rest, it's a straight shootout between those three.

Ilovecric

U19 Cricketer
WG Grace
Garry Sobers
Don Bradman

Can basically count-out the rest, it's a straight shootout between those three.
Nice names there, will make a poll later and see who wins... maybe another member will think of a player you forgot to mention.

SpeedStar

Cricket Spectator
I think that question is a little bit too general, But i'd have to agree with the majority of people that have replied.

Don Bradman
Gary Sobers

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Personally think it's between Lara, Tendulkar and Ponting. Let's discuss who's better out of those three :ph34r:

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
especially in regard to their records against Warne and Muralithiran, I know I am going to spend the rest of my night with statsguru.

Sir Alex

Banned
I think it is Saurav Ganguly. Had he not been dire against anything above foot height he would have been talked in the same breath as Sobers, Tendulkar. Perhaps not Bradman. So I tihnk it is Bradman who is the best.

bagapath

International Captain
I promise you all I wont get into a sachin/ponting, warne/oreilly, sobers/kallis war with ikki or anyone else.

as for the question posted here it has to be bradman, sobers or wg. in that order actually.

DingDong

State Captain
what has this grace guy done to be considered among the top 3 players? his record is soo poor even some indian ipl players should get in before him.

DingDong

State Captain
yeah. i think so. anyway being a doctor and having a nice beard is no reason to pick some guy in the top 3 of all time ok.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think the fact he was miles ahead of his contemporaries in FC cricket, like Bradman was, puts him up there. CBF looking it all up though.

He also gets a fair bit of credit for popularising the game in England, and for revolutionising batting etc.

Much like Pathan :ph34r: