• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Welcome to Cricket Web - Cricket Chat

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
I have already made a few post, but should introduce myself now.

I am your typical Indian cricket fan who grew up on cricket. I started watching cricket in late 80's, though at that stage I was too young to bother with much beyond Indian cricket. 1996 world cup took my interest to a different level. Post that I started following cricket all round the world and started learning about cricketers round the world.

Then, somewhere around 2001-02 two things happened - Wisden came out with its Wisden 100 lists and ESPN did a feature on Legends of Cricket. At that time I started taking interest in history of cricket and with vast resources of Cricinfo (which also came up at around the same time), I started educating myself about the greats of the past.

Since then I have spent lot of time reading about cricket and debating on various cricket forums. I discovered this forum accidentally through a random Google search. I have explored this site fair bit and am quite impressed with quality of discussion here (saw the CW50 series, fast bowlers survival series and several Player A vs Player B threads :D).

Hoping to have some quality discussion with cricket fans from all around the world, a privilege I did not have on other forums I earlier participated on :)

Last edited:

smash84

The Tiger King
I have already made a few post, but should introduce myself now.

I am your typical Indian cricket fan who grew up on cricket. I started watching cricket in late 80's, though at that stage I was too young to bother with much beyond Indian cricket. 1996 world cup took my interest to a different level. Post that I started following cricket all round the world and started learning about cricketers round the world.

Then, somewhere around 2001-02 two things happened - Wisden came out with its Wisden 100 lists and ESPN did a feature on Legends of Cricket. At that time I started taking interest in history of cricket and with vast resources of Cricinfo (which also came up at around the same time), I started educating myself about the greats of the past.

Since then I have spent lot of time reading about cricket and debating on various cricket forums. I discovered this forum accidentally through a random Google search. I have explored this site fair bit and am quite impressed with quality of discussion here (saw the CW50 series, fast bowlers survival series and several Player A vs Player B threads :D).

Hoping to have some quality discussion with cricket fans from all around the world, a privilege I did not have on other forums I earlier participated on :)

This post from Ankit made me realize that since I am also posting somewhat on this forum and I really like the quality of discussions here on CW I might also give my introduction here.

I very recently joined CW and got here through a random google search on cricket forums :)........I post regularly on cricinfo's columns in the reader's comments section. However CW is by far the best in terms of quality of discussions about cricket. Like Ankit I also love comparing player A vs player B.

I am a somewhat typical Pakistani cricket fan. I grew up watching Imran Khan, Javed Miandad,Wasim and Waqar. The bowling trio captured my imagination and started my passion for the game. It really was a golden age of Pakistan cricket and the 3 of them were (and still are my cricketing heroes :)........).

My interest in the history of the game started with ESPN's legends of cricket series. It was an awesome series and being the die-hard Imran fan that I am I was disappointed that he was ranked only number 8 in that list :).........Not that I expected him to be number 1 but I thought he should have made the top 5......but that series was too good. Probably the best ever series on cricket icons and made me a staunch follower of all aspects of the game of cricket.

I also want to thank some of the great posters that I have come across here who add nicely to so many discussions. New people like 8Ankit and Faisal1985. The older ones like Migara, Bagpath, Slifer,etc.

Thank You

B. Sutcliffe

Cricket Spectator
Hi everyone

I've been looking around for a place to discuss my favourite game, and hopefully this is it! I look forward to reading and taking part in lots of good discussion

Phil

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Hi everyone

I've been looking around for a place to discuss my favourite game, and hopefully this is it! I look forward to reading and taking part in lots of good discussion

Phil
Welcome to CW, mate.

Good to see a fan of 'the other' Sutcliffe :)

G.I.Joe

International Coach
I've never introduced myself to CW so I may as well kick this thing off.

My name's Will, I'm 20, I'm from Ireland and live in Manchester. I don't support any particular test team other than whichever side I have money on, or failing that, whichever side has the bowlers I most enjoy watching. I have an irrational love of leg-spin and statistics, but not when people rape them or act like they tell us more than they really do. My own cricketing skills are startlingly bad, but sometimes I play anyway, much to the disappointment of anyone who has ever had the misfortune to be stuck on my team.

Now let that be the last time anyone mistakes me for an England fan.
Hi Will. Welcome to CC.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Please allow me to introduce myself
I'm a man of wealth and taste
I've been around for a long, long year
Stole many a man's soul and faith

And I was 'round when Don Bradman
Had his moment of doubt and pain
Made damn sure that Eric Hollies
bowled his googly and sealed his fate

Pleased to meet you