• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Welcome to Cricket Web - Cricket Chat

shankar

International Debutant
ha ha. will tell him the next time i run into him. i dont think he is into cricket history even if he follows the game like most.

actually, i have worked under only two guys in movies - one is a famous director and he is cricket diehard. in fact he was caught on tv watching last weekend's CSK home game in IPL; the other one is the most acclaimed actor we have and he hates cricket. i was his exec producer when sachin overtook lara's aggregate two years ago. i quickly organized a party in his office to mark the occasion. but he barely stayed for a few minutes before leaving us cricket nuts to continue with the celebrations. will write in detail sometime later in OT about movie guys and their cricket connection.
Hmm.....Based on that evidence and some investigation: Did you recently direct a telugu movie? ;)

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
four years ago shankar. making a hindi one now. will invite CW members for the opening night next year ;)
mate.. u gotta understand what you are committing. Quite a few here seem to be from Chennai.. ;)

And quite frankly, I have no clue as to the first one coz I haven't seen any game live recently. :( And for the second one, I have a guess that it is a certain guy from Alwarpet.. :p

bagapath

International Captain
mate.. u gotta understand what you are committing. Quite a few here seem to be from Chennai.. ;)
film guys are very bad at keeping promises, dont u know? ;)

And quite frankly, I have no clue as to the first one coz I haven't seen any game live recently. :( And for the second one, I have a guess that it is a certain guy from Alwarpet.. :p
actually both are from alwarpet. and both are equally big. so not too difficult to guess for real chennaiites.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
film guys are very bad at keeping promises, dont u know? ;)

actually both are from alwarpet. and both are equally big. so not too difficult to guess for real chennaiites.
Am really looking forward to the Diro's latest movie. BTW if it is not too personal what do you work as?

shankar

International Debutant
four years ago shankar. making a hindi one now. will invite CW members for the opening night next year ;)
Ahh great, it was just a hunch with google's help. Great to know we have an actual movie director in our midst! Do you post in between shots? :p Good luck with the Hindi movie!

bagapath

International Captain
Am really looking forward to the Diro's latest movie. BTW if it is not too personal what do you work as?
used to be his asst dir. then became a dir myself. was exec prod for the actor for a couple of years. now back with the diro's company as their next dir.

Ahh great, it was just a hunch with google's help. Great to know we have an actual movie director in our midst! Do you post in between shots? :p Good luck with the Hindi movie!
ha ha. will be usually off CW, or even internet, for months when i am shooting. right now pre prod is going on with different guys doing different things. i am just gathering everything that comes my way. getting ready. shoot starts in july. i will be busy in two weeks. and super busy from late may till october. thx for the wishes shankar.we will be announcing the film after our present production comes out. i hope u guys dont use it against me in CW arguments if my movie turns out to be crap!

bagapath

International Captain
I am Shri from Chennai, India. Got into cricket even before I properly learned to run as a kid. Grew up in a joint family for my first few years. Had a lot of elder cousin brothers who started using me as the designated ball boy right from when I was around 5 years old.

Couldn't bowl or bat with them till I was around 9 as I had apparently not 'graduated' to that level. Quickly went on to become the best offie in my family in another 6 years. Couldn't bat if my life depended on it when I was around 12. Chris Martin was Bradman compared to me at that stage with the bat. That was when I went out with my brothers to play a 'real' game that actually involved a cricket ball(used to play using tennis and rubber balls before that) as the spinner in the side wasn't available - was a bet match btw.

Couldn't bowl well in that game and kept moving away when the ball came my way when fielding. The opposition started treating me as a joke and started bowling very very slow while mocking me. Scored fifteen runs in that game but batted for 5 hours. Made them bowl fast at me in frustration and made them tire out. The batsmen at the other end scored well and we won in the end(with me still unbeaten on 15!). Started attending cricket camps from then on and became a decent all round spin bowler when I was about 15. Became the main all rounder(i.e 12th man :ph34r:) in the school side when I finished high school. That innings of 15 was what got me into cricket seriously. Still have the best defense in the place where I live.:p

There, the end of a totally unimportant story. Every one has wrote something, I will do it too, what the hell?
terrific story dude

G.I.Joe

International Coach
used to be his asst dir. then became a dir myself. was exec prod for the actor for a couple of years. now back with the diro's company as their next dir.

ha ha. will be usually off CW, or even internet, for months when i am shooting. right now pre prod is going on with different guys doing different things. i am just gathering everything that comes my way. getting ready. shoot starts in july. i will be busy in two weeks. and super busy from late may till october. thx for the wishes shankar.we will be announcing the film after our present production comes out. i hope u guys dont use it against me in CW arguments if my movie turns out to be crap!
I dunno man. I tend to not rate movies that put me to sleep :-O

Shri

Mr. Glass
That sounds an epic 15no, Shri. If you've since become an all rounder I imagine your highest score has since improved?
Yeah. 217* in street 50 over cricket(games played across tar toads, you know, the games where we have to remove the brick wickets and stand aside to let cars pass). And 173* in a 4 day inter-school tournament match along with a match tally of 13 wickets - extra special since it was my debut and was actually filling in for the vice captain who was not available(semi final btw, scored 0 and 7 in the final which we went on to lose:p). 82 in an inter school OD game. Bowling has always been my first love, have a 9fer in a school game(then a little 12 year old hack in the next game came and hit me for 10 sixes in 3 overs. Was dropped for the next game because of him. Thats when I started hating people younger than me by more than 5 years.Sad times.:p)

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah. 217* in street 50 over cricket(games played across tar toads, you know, the games where we have to remove the brick wickets and stand aside to let cars pass). And 173* in a 4 day inter-school tournament match along with a match tally of 13 wickets - extra special since it was my debut and was actually filling in for the vice captain who was not available(semi final btw, scored 0 and 7 in the final which we went on to lose:p). 82 in an inter school OD game. Bowling has always been my first love, have a 9fer in a school game(then a little 12 year old hack in the next game came and hit me for 10 sixes in 3 overs. Was dropped for the next game because of him. Thats when I started hating people younger than me by more than 5 years.Sad times.:p)
Not to mention hundreds in successive matches for Queensland.

Shri

Mr. Glass
217* in a 50 over game? WTF!
Tennis ball cricket. And there isn't usually any space for run ups in those matches. So, the bowlers have to throw balls from where they are standing. Anyone can score in those conditions. And here is the funny part, I was not even the top scorer in that game.:p

punter2002

Cricket Spectator
Howdy everyone...

I see a lot of you have "Sealand" as the location for your profile.

Is this in anyway related to this? Just curious...

Principality of Sealand - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here is the gist of the story!

A rich but eccentric twit, Roy Bates, bought a decommissioned WW-II radar station off the coast of England and named it 'The Principality of Sealand', after getting ratification from international court. He then bestowed upon himself the title - 'His Royal Higness - The Prince Roy of Sealand'.

He is the true lord and master of this island and British Government does not have any jurisdiction. British Govt was helpless, when he shot at a vessel that dared enter "his Sovereign waters" - but all this pales in comparison to the rest of the story. There is invasion, kidnap, a battle to reclaim the invaded land, the involvement of Dutch and German diplomats to negotiate release of prisoners of war - all in this tiny sovereign man made island.....